Breast Feeding-pg119368648745

4 Replies
HeatherCoughenour - October 29

how long do you know how to br___t feed for? i mean when you start feeding time, how long are the sessions before you know that your baby is full? do they just stop on their own or do you have to take them off?

Cevvin - October 29

They stop on there own or fall asleep. My daughter used to literally push my b___st away when she was done.

excited2bemama - October 29

Feed on demand.( when your lo shows signs of being hungry feed him/her. And they will either fall alseep/ stop sucking or release your nipple. newbies typically nurse for alot longer than older babies.

Val - October 29

Even now at 5 months, my ds can stay on each bb for 20+ minutes... I almost always have to take him off. I think some of it is pacifying. I read somewhere (maybe Kellymom dot com?) that babies get most of their milk in the first 6-8 minutes or so, and often if I pull him off each bb after about 10 minutes, he's satisfied. Each baby is different though... mine eats from both bbs, for 20-40 minutes per feed, depending on time of day, whereas my friend's baby eats from 1bb for about 5 minutes. If my ds isn't satisfied, he whines or cries when I take him off... (fyi - he eats every 2 hours during the day.)

britt_m - November 4

OMG Val wow kudos to you thats a long time, it must be pretty exausting! My dd is 5 months as well eats every 3ish hours usually takes around 20 minutes a feed. She took a pacifier before, not very often and not very much but it helps me to realize when she's just pacifying.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?