Burping -pg116888334077

2 Replies
Katherine79 - January 15

I am br___tfeeding and can not get my son to burp. I have only a couple of times. Does anyone know if it is really necessary or anyway to get him to burp. He seems to have a lot of gas, but it may be a normal amount he is my first. I did supplement in the beginning before my milk came in and I could get him to burp after a bottle of formula.

tryingx3 - January 15

how old is your lo? we had best luck with our lo "sitting" up away from our body and almost ma__saging from the lower rib cage up and also firmly patting. Sometimes she also burps when I switch her to the other b___st...

olivia - January 15

My dd never burped or had gas, and now with my son he is SO GASSY and I need to burp him. It is so funny how it is different. The pediatrician said if he spits up a lot, that after he eats I should sit him up and let him be upright for 10 minutes and then burp him. He said that way you get a better burp and the milk has a chance to settle out of the gas so less spit up to come back. I have found that sitting him up he usually gets the burp out on his own before the 10 minutes. Your son could just have a lot of gas but not need to burp after b___stfeeding. If he is gulping a lot while eating I would try for burp in case that is causing excess gas. If you don't get a burp, don't worry. Some b___stfed babies like my dd never need to burp after eating.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?