How Long -pg117302710516

6 Replies
vanja10 - March 4

before your first milk comes in?i'm on my 3rd day and still nothing. baby is feeding well and often (got lots of poopy diapers to show for it) but i'm curious.

DDT - March 4

My actual milk came in around the 4th day....you have colostrum from day 1 (its sometimes comes in during pregnancy). Colostrum will be enough for your baby until your milk comes in.

sapi - March 4

whats his poops look like?

vanja10 - March 4

they are liquidy and dark brown.. first one was black and hard but now they are softer and in 2 days he's pooped about 10 times and peed about 5..

sapi - March 4

once the poop is yellow musturd like and seedy you know that your b___st milk is in. Those poops are b___st milk poop

kellens mom - March 5

My milk came in while I was still at the hospital. I only mention this because my dd had stools that were black for nearly two weeks, so I don't recommend going by the stool color alone. Some kids are just "behind" in the behind! Mine definately was. I had to hand express a little before nursing in order to bait my dd to nurse. She would get a warm sweet taste and be hooked. Anyway, I could start to see some milky white in my colostrum which helped me feel more confident that it was coming in. When it did come in, I was thankful for the pump that I had! Engorgement like you could not imagine. Keep nursing and counting poop (regardless of the color!) As long you have a good number of them all is well. Besides...colostrum is liquid gold. Maybe it is a good thing to give your lo more of it!

tryingx3 - March 5

My milk CAME IN, CAME IN almost exactly 4 days after my dd was born.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?