Milk Supply-pg115038025518

4 Replies
Suzie - June 15

is it ever too late to bring your milk supply back? DD is almost 3 months and my milk is just about gone but i want to start br___tfeeding again. ive tried the oatmeal and the tea but it doesnt seem to help. how else can i get it back? i know its still there because when i pinch my nipples i see drops of milk but DD seems to get frustrated when trying to bf, she sucks and pulls my nipples at the same time then gets fussy. any ideas?

Jamie - June 15

Pump lots, and take fenugreek. Also increase the amount of water you drink, and have your DD nurse as often and as long as she's willing.

Rabbits07 - June 18

Pump really often, like every 2-3 hours. Also, if your baby has been taking the bottle you may find that she gets frustrated when put on the b___st because it doesn't come out as quickly, especially at first before letdown occurs. You can remedy this by pumping right before a feeding until your milk lets down and then put her to the b___st.

Susan W - June 18

Reglan might work too. Your doctor has to prescribe, and don't try it if you've ever had depression. Rabbits has some good advice though on trying to transition the baby to the b___st. Hang in there! Also, check out the relactation forum at lalecheleague.org.

cab - June 20

Domperidome is suppose to be so effective that it can make an adoptive parent lactate.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?