Worried -pg114805473418

2 Replies
yungmama - May 19

Hi, I know this doesn't mean anything but I have been having dreams constantly that I try to bf my baby and he doesn't cooperate or something goes wrong. I know there is a chance of this but I have been getting really worried lately that I won't be able to. I'm looking so forward to it and will be crushes if I can't do it.

Clarissa23 - May 19

you can do it...believe me i have b___stfed 3 kids and am young as well. it isnt the easiest thing in the world but is so rewarding and wonderful bonding experience

Susan W - May 19

Your dreams are probably not even related to fears of b___stfeeding. You might be concerned in general about being a mom, as that is a rather big change in lifestyle. .. A few things I wish I had done before the baby came . .. 1) read lots of b___stfeeding specific books, not just WTEWYAE and a few other general pregnancy books. I should have picked up "the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" for example. There are lots of good books on b___stfeeding available. 2) To find those good books, I should have gone to a La Leche League meeting BEFORE the baby came, not 6 weeks later and at the end of my rope! Even though I grew up in a b___stfeeding family, I still needed support and help from other currently nursing moms. LLL also has an online message board like this where you could start reading and asking questions, and article on getting a good start and avoiding those problems you hear about can be found there too. . .. Breastfeeding success is wholly based on the determination of the mother, imho. If you want to make it happen, you totally can. Surround yourself with supportive people (who will take care of you while you learn how to nurse) and realize it will take a while to get the hang of. I'm still nursing 20 months later, after overcoming many obstacles and nearly quitting every day of the first 8 weeks, and two pregnancies later. You can do this!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?