Bowel Movements-pg114073023818

7 Replies
S m j - February 23

Anyone still have tight(hard)or painful bowel movements occasionally months after your c-section? I had a painful bowel movement last night and there was a little bit of blood when i wiped..I'm 6mos postpartum..My bowel movements were never like this prior to delivery....

jap - March 31

I experience the same thing. I had my c-section almost 7 months ago. I have painful BM's and some blood. Things have not been the same since my surgery either. Did you go to the dr? My dr. recommended I take fiber, this was months ago and I am still having problems. Does anyone know what this could be from??

Nerdy Girl - March 31

I had this problem the first week after surgery, but then everything went back to normal. I would certainly consult with your doctor about it.

DANI - April 1

Ok, kinda off the subject of bowel movements, but I was noticiing what "jap" said about how "things haven't been the same since her surgery" I feel the same exact way. My question is kinda personal, though.......Have you ladies experienced UTI's since your c-section or very painful s_x? It's been 3 months post-partum for me and s_x has not been the same and I get frequent UTI's. I've heard with a c-section that it's way more traumatic than a v____al birth.

Nerdy Girl - April 1

With my first c, s_x was painful FOREVER it seemed. But I b___stfed for a full year with baby #1, and that impacts your estrogen. With my second c, s_x was painful the first couple of months. Now my son is 4 months old, I am no longer b___stfeeding, I am back on the pill, and s_x feels OK again.

DANI - April 1

Nerdy Girl, thanks for your quick reply back and your response definetley puts my mind at ease. It's kinda of a bummer right now that dh & I can't get intimate at the moment but I'm sure in time everything will start to go back to normal.

krnj - April 1

It's been almost 5 weeks postpartum & my bowel movements are still painful sometimes too. How long did everyone wait to have s_x after c-sections?

jap - April 1

I waited atleast 8 weeks and it was so painful the first few times. It just took a while and we had to take it slow. It was like the first time all over again. If it continues to hurt after 2 months I would check with your dr. They gave me an ultrasound to make sure things were alright.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion