New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password? Need Help?  
Michelle - June 4th, 2005 11:46 AM

I have had these shooting pains in my butt but only when I get up after waking up or sitting down a certain way, picking up my kids etc. I have been to the chiro, not helping yet, am doing hip exercises and just praying that God will help heal it. It hurts!

Sara - June 16th, 2005 2:16 PM

I don't have pains in my anus, however I feel the same sharp pains in my butt cheek.

Haze - June 17th, 2005 5:08 AM

I have been having these pains for a long time now and they only come once every 2 months and in the middle of the night for up to an hour - v.v.sore. I would just like to say that if these symptoms are similar to yours then you should def. look at this article. Check out this website http://www.medic8.com/healthguid-
e/articles/proctalgiafugax.html.-
It answered some of my questions about this annoying pain in my rear. Apparently the medical term is "proctalgia fugax". Thanks christine for pointing it out, feeling a bit better about it now.

Latisha - July 7th, 2005 11:14 AM

Yes i have felt this pain as we speak and its the same type of sharp pain in the abdomen but in my anus i would like to know also is this normal when your pregnant in your 6th week?

Maxwell - July 14th, 2005 10:31 PM

I had horrible "knife in the butt" pain during my labor and still have it occasionally 6 months after the baby was born. It will sometimes stop me in my tracks and I can't explain it to people because it is too embarrassing. The doctors and nurses at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, IL didn't seem to know what I was talking about when I described the pain and they deliver about 10,000 babies each year. The rectum pain was excruciating and unbearable. The epidural didn't even take that pain away completely, at least until I had a c-section after 36 hours of induced labor, then I couldn't feel anything. Before surgery the pain was so bad I couldn't push, it felt like my whole back side was going to rip out, I just cried and cried and begged for more pain killers. I felt a little cheated since I'd been watching these shows where laboring women are given epidurals and were somewhat able to enjoy the birth of their baby. The only time it felt a little better during labor was when the nurse or doctor was examining me and put pressure close to the area of pain through the vaginal wall, it was very weird. I never talked about it again as I don't plan to have more children but I think they should come up with something to help relieve that pain, at the time I even asked for some kind of shot in my rectum but they looked at me like I was crazy. No one seemed to know what to do for me.

Lindsay - July 25th, 2005 12:51 AM

My boyfriend and I have been together a year and never had sex.. we have fooled around but i have never kept track of my period b/c i didnt feel like i needed to.. however, im positive i am at least 3 days late.. i'm terrified and stressed out beyond belief.. my stomach feels hard (not that i know what that could mean) but i dont know if i'm overreacting.. what should i do? please help

baby.ksh49.com - July 29th, 2005 12:20 AM

On 4th pregnancy now -- and all of my "butt pains" were contractions. Felt like I hadn't had a bowel movement in years .... I never had the tightening of the belly or period crampy feelings with contractions....just the butt pains.

PainInMyButtAlso - August 10th, 2005 11:53 AM

im about 5 weeks and ive started feeling that- if i lean back wrong or sit down too fast. i was just really embarassed to ask anyone......thanks!

mn - August 12th, 2005 11:01 PM

I have been experiencing pains in my anus as well....and it's really scary! I'm wondering if this sharp pain, quick spasm thing is a sign of pregnancy?

Maraen - September 20th, 2005 10:16 AM

Oh its so nice to hear that others are experiencing the same butt pain with their pregnancy! Even though it is horribly uncomfortable. I have been experiencing this for about 7 weeks now..now 32 weeks. When I asked my doctor he had two thoughts on it...it was either the baby pushing its head down there, and due to a UTI i had, i am 80%thinned so I can just be feeling it more, or the fact that I have a tilted uterus that causes the baby to lay a little differently than normal. Do you have either of those?

maria - September 26th, 2005 10:47 PM

i get these pains also but i normally get them when I cant go to the bathroom. I am very constipated!!

abby - September 29th, 2005 7:17 AM

I have pain in my left butt cheek off and on. I think it is a nerve. I am a mother of 4 and is not pregnant but have had this pain for a few year. I can't continue living this way excepting this pain. I am going to the doctor. they have to do something

B - October 31st, 2005 6:01 PM

I felt goofy writing "sharp pains in anus" at Google, but glad I did ... now I know I'm not alone.
I didn't have them when I was pregnant, but am now 2 weeks after delivery and having them frequently. I think today it was because I was trying to do too much ... carrying too much and put too much pressure down there!

Amanda C/ - November 4th, 2005 1:05 PM

I notice this too. I especially noticed it after some particulary rough sex. Usually doggy style. (Sorry, not trying to be crude)

t - November 16th, 2005 2:09 AM

i thought i was the only one who experienced those type of pains. i am almost 38 weeks preg. and have been haveing sharp pains mostly in my vagina; but i have no clue what it is. i guess its normal because my doctor doesnt take them very seriously when i tell him about them.

MP - November 29th, 2005 1:47 PM

I'm 6 months pregnant and I occasionally get those sharp pains. I tried asking a couple of friends if they ever got it when they were pregnant and they said they never experienced it. Mine only lasts for about 5 seconds then it goes away. It's a weird and painful feeling. Can't really explain it. You're not the only one!!!

ADD A COMMENT:

Please login or register to post on this thread.
Start A New Discussion