Rapid Heartbeat-pg12003634097

2 Replies
ABRIL1975 - January 14

Hi ladies, I am 18 weeks prego and I have been experiencing rapid heartbeat at night when I lay down. Sometimes it even wakes me up out of my sleep. Has anyone else had this issue?

yumymumy - January 15

do u have any other symptoms like swollen hands feet or face? do u experiance dizzyness with the rapid heart beat?. what your saying sounds like high blood pressure, well i had HB and border line pre eclampsia, thoes other symptoms have to be there too. or maybe its just a normal pregnancy thing to have hard heart beat but when i had it my chest pounded and you could see my pulse. i would have to lay down from it otherwise id faint.

mstcr1 - January 24

I have experienced the same thing. From what I've experience it depends how I am laying, if I lay on my back the baby puts pressure on a blood vessel that runs down your back, the pressure causes the blood to have to try harder to get thru therefore causing your heart to pump harder to push it through. (that is what my doc tells me anyway) I try to roll a little to one side or the other to keep the pressure off the center of my back and that really seems to help.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion