6 Weeks 6 Days No Heartbeat Heard

11 Replies
DownbutnotOUT - May 16

Yesterday I woke up and my panties were soaked in red blood after cleaning up I had some spotting of brown blood. I went to the hospital where they did blood work and did an internal examine and saw no active bleeding and my cervix was closed. They also got me in for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed that I had a fetus pole and gestations sac everything looked fine, except when they did the u/s scan. My baby had no heartbeat and I had one doctor tell me how sorry they where my baby had passed. After crying for some time they returned me to my room where the original ER doctor saw me and he said that sometimes in rare occasion the heartbeat doesnt start till later. I was given 90% chance the baby had passed and 10% chance the baby was still alive. The weird thing was is my HCG levels where a little low but still within normal range. Last night I began bleeding heavy red blood , like a menstrual cycle, I went back to the hospital and was informed that I am still not miscarrying; my cervix is closed. I know that the baby is more than likely passed but I still have hope that my body is refusing to let go because it knows. I am scheduled to do a repeat blood work tomorrow and in a week another unltrasound. The question I have has anyone had similar experiences or knows someone who has?

 

Steff - May 16

Your situation is like deja vu for me. Exact same thing happened to me. My emercency u/s showed no signs of a sac or a baby though. Whatever was there at one point had disinigrated and was waiting to be explelled. My body did not do this naturally. I had to insert these little pills into my v____a to start the process. I sincerly hope that you are not miscarrying. However, considering everything you have said, that could be the harsh reality of your situation. I am very sorry for your loss. There are many women on this site who have gone through this loss and will be very willing to offier you support and help (myself included). Best of luck to you. My thought s are with you ~ Steff

 

kelley32 - May 16

I am really sorry that you are going through this, I know how difficult it is. I had a miscarriage last January at 6 weeks with hardly any bleeding at all and a closed cervix, but nothing was even seen on an u/s, so I had probably lost the baby before even going to the hospital ... since they saw the baby on u/s, I would still have some hope, but the 2nd blood work results will tell you what you need to know, my HCG had gone down 3 days after my initial blood test, so we knew for sure. Take care and remember that we are here for you. XXOO

 

jackll - May 17

I am having the same issue as you ladies. I had some very light spotting one day , then the next day I woke up went to the bathroom had a little blood, but then I pa__sed out and cramping set in. I ended up going to the er and they examined me and my cervix was closed. They did and u/s and showed no sac and no ectopic pregnancy. They said my hcg level was 14 but they couldn't tell if it was rising or falling. Still today I am bleeding with some cramping. I have to go tomorrow and get my hcg tested again but, I think I know what is happening. Sorry to hear about you ladies as well.

 

tas - May 17

i to had a miscarriage. my was at 9 weeks. i started bleeding and hard cramps and then went to the er and had the miscarriage in the bathroom while waiting to be seen. that was 8 years ago and i can still remember it like it was yesterday. since then i had a little boy that is now 6 years old and i am 5 weeks pregnant with my second child. i wish you luck. and i am thinking about you. if you need to talk i am here.

 

Momtobe - May 18

i am 11 and 1/2 weeks pregnent. In my last visit doc tried to get heart beats with the machine she has in her office. I was (9 and 1/2 weeks pregenet counting LMP). Before she started she warned me that her machine might not pick up heart beats yet but she will just try. She said if we do u/s then we will. Anyways, she tried but could not hear heatbeats. Now i am nervous. Ever since i got prgenet i don't have morning sickness and i feel preety normal that's why i feel if everything is ok? if i am pregnet or not. I can't wait for my next week since she said next visit her machine will defenatly shows hearbeats. Hopeing that everything goes well

 

DownbutnotOUT - May 18

Thank you for all your support and I have some updates, they are few but I will not give up hope until everything is definite. I have prepared myself for a miscarriage and prepared for the worst I was in the hospital 3 days ago and my HCG levels were at 6935 and I had a blood test yesterday. I also had an ultrasound today and the person wouldnt tell me if there was a heartbeat or if the fetus was still there, when she left the room so we could do an internal ultrasound I saw the pictures at the bottom of the screen; the fetus is still inside me. Tomorrow at 10:30 am I will find the results of the ultrasound and the blood work for HCG levels I continue to pray but I have prepared for the worst. Once again thanks for your support it helps me hold myself together! XoX

 

DownbutnotOUT - May 19

So the miscarriage is still not complete but the doctor says the u/s shows a fetal pole but no heartbeat and my HCG levels have dropped to around 2500, my baby is gone. This is day 4 and I still havent pa__sed it out yet so we are arranging for a D&C a.s.a.p. but with the long weekend here I am not sure when. take care all

 

HannahBaby - May 19

im so sorry for your loss.

 

Angie603 - May 20

I am so sorry for your loss. This JUST happened to me this past Sunday...on mother's day of all days. I miscarried in the ER of a hospital halfway across the country from my home. I was away on vacation visiting a friend. This was my first child. I am 27 and have wanted children forever. My ultrasound last thursday...my very first one showed that the baby was measuring only 6 weeks with no heartbeat. I should have been 11 wks 4 days at that point. My body told me already that my baby was gone. I lost my symptoms and my belly stopped growing. Everything went away. Nobody told me anything during the ultrasound, but I got a call from my doctors office while sitting in the train station getting ready to board another train. It started Saturday with light brown bleeding and minimal cramps, then on Sunday I started really bleeding and the cramping was the most painful thing I've ever endured. I am heartbroken right now. I really feel for you and everyone else that has gone through this. It's amazing how well women know their own bodies, if only their doctors would listen to them when they feel that something isn't right. I am sorry for your loss. If you'd like someone to talk to, or anyone that would like a good friend and an ear, please email me at [email protected]

 

nursej - May 29

i am somsorry for your loss, i had 2 m/c last year 21 month apart each pther. the first i got to 9 weeks no bleeding , when i went for the u/s at 9 weeks the dr. said baby was too small for 9 week fetus then started bleeding shortly after. a little after that about one month i had not even had a period again i got preg again, that baby lasted about 5-6 weeks then a gush of blood came and i kept bleeding until the sac had pa__sed. sometimes these things happen you can always try again. but the dr.'s found my reason for the m/c i have low progesterone. now i am 6 weeks 1 day preg and the dr. has me on prochieve 8% this is a progesterone supplement. so far it looks good. went for 1 st u/s last firday saw heartbeat and dr. said fetal pole and sac are intact.

 

DownbutnotOUT - May 29

Congradulations Nursej! thank you for sharing your story with me it makes me feel not so alone. me and my husband are talking about having another one, he wants to try right away but im terrified. Pls let me know how ur prenancy progresses. Take care XoX

 

ADD A COMMENT:


You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!


Already a member?
Please login below.





Forgot your password?
Need Help?