Any Advice -pg112845161218

7 Replies
d - October 4

month after month i get af. as every month goes by i start to lose all hope.. i am starting to think of it as the curse.. i should have noticed that getting af on my wedding day was a jinx.. i am trying to keep some kind of hope up. any advice besides stop trying? I am sorry to have posted this in your section but no one else seems to answer.

karen - October 4

I don't know how long you have been trying, but there are so many women in the same boat. It really does get discouraging, and the best I can say is try not to stress over it. However, I know that's impossible. Have you been to the doctor to rule out infertility problems? If you have been trying for close to a year, you may want to just check to see if everything's OK, and if so, then there's not much you can do except just think positive thoughts. I used a fertility monitor and it worked for me. It eliminated the stress of trying to figure out exactly which day(s) were the most fertile, so really the days before af were the only ones spent in anticipation. Sorry--unfortunately there's no easy answer.

d - October 4

thanks for your input. which one did you use? we have been trying for 9 months now. Doctor says everything is ok so it seems for me i still would like to get a second opinion. as for my husband we have not had him tested. I was thinking of getting the male fertility kit that i saw in cvs not to long ago if we don't c. I have not tried the monitor itself yet. That may be my next step..

bean - October 4

d- most doctors will probably tell you that if you're under 35 you should expect at least a year of trying before considering any fertility treatment. Why not take a month off and just relax? Go on a mini vacation and don't worry about "trying" at the right time. Reset yourself and get ready for a new month. Also - are you both taking vitamins, exercising daily, and eating/sleeping well? Don't forget if your body isn't in good shape it may not want to get pg. Baby dust!

karen - October 4

d- I used the Clear Plan fertility monitor. They are expensive, but I was fortunate to have a friend who had one and she let me borrow it. You may be taking your temp and looking for all the other signs of ovulation. This way just makes life a little easier. It tells you 2 days a month when you are the most fertile, so you don't have to worry about whether your body decides to ovulate early one month or anything like that. And one other thing I may suggest--this may be pure old wives' tale, but I had heard it works so thought we'd try. On the high fertility days, after we had s_x I would put a pillow under my hips and lay for a while. I only did that one month and it turned out to the be the month I got pregnant. So, maybe just coincidence, but can't hurt to try.

d - October 4

hi bean.. we are actually going to fl in 3 weeks. I try to stop thinking about it but somehow when i know around the time i am o'ing or when af is due i get anxious. like now I think i may have o'd while we were away this weekend. However it is hard to tell anymore. For 18 years i was exactly 28days to a T and almost to the hour but now It seems to be trying to change to 29 or 30 days. both exercise, both take vitamins.. we both work a lot. I work from home and he works a lot. we just got back into the exercising mode. not much but some. thanks

d - October 4

yeah i have heard that. my mother keeps telling me that.

d - October 4

my mother told me she had trouble getting prego with me. she said it took 3 years. and she was 25 when she had me. however she had no trouble with my brother when she was 20.. i am starting to hope that maybe me getting my period last month was a fluke. it wasn't normal and didn't last long. prolly just my mind playing tricks.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion