Any Ideas -pg120532343242

3 Replies
E586467 - March 12

I know I have this posted in another forum but I am desperate for ideas. I hope someone can give me an idea on whats happening. I did put a post in the B--tfeeding forum but I'm still waiting for a reply to the second half of my problem. My period returned when my ds was 8 months and it has now been 7wks and I have not had another one since. Up until 3wks ago he still b/fed through the night, so now he is only on 4 BF during the day. I would have thought that now he is feeding less they would have become regular. I did a preg test over a week ago which was neg, but as I had all the pms symptoms 3wks ago DH and I have been having unprotected s_x. Has anyone else had a similar experience with irregular periods while BF? But thats only half of it I had some spotting 2days ago which was brownish pink and I assumed I was getting my period, but it stopped by the afternoon. It has been 7wks since my last period (1st one since ds birth as stated above) and that one was very heavy, so what gives? I did another preg test this morning thinking it might have been implantation bleeding but it was neg. The spotting was sooo light I would hardly call it a period yet the tests have come up neg,. Am I testing too early, cause I have no idea when I might have ov? Has anyone else had a similar experience while bf or has any idea what could be going on? Any input would be appreciated.

mt_mama - March 12

hey E586467, i'd say that your body is just starting to adjust to getting back to "normal" after having you baby. when you start getting your period after childbirth it just doesnt start and go back to a regular schedule right away. sometimes it comes and goes and should get more regular as time goes by. b___stfeeding does make it a little harder for your period to get back to normal. you can be pregnant however because you did say you have been having unprotected s_x. i'd wait it out a little longer and take another test and if in doubt go to the clinic and get a blood test done.

BeckyBunny - March 12

if that was implantation bleeding it would take about 5 days for a test to be pos. Too early. If AF doesn't show, try again in 5 days to a week.

E586467 - March 12

Hey thanks for your input. Still no period so I will definitaly test again over the weekend. I'm scared to think #3 might be on the way already but excited at the same time. I'll keep you posted.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion