Caffeine-pg121260988010

4 Replies
bkyer88 - June 4

Im 9 weeks and I just found out two weeks ago, I am a caffeine addict and trying to ween my self off of it. my question is the first 7 weeks I drank caffeine, one or two coffees and a soda a day and some times a frapacinno. Will this hurt my baby in anyway?

HeatherIsHopeful - June 4

Im sure your little on is fine. one or two cups of coffee a day arent TOO bad, but it is good that you are trying to cut back. Try drinking decaf, it might fool your body enough not to have withdrawals. most doctors and experts agree that up to 300mg of caffeine a day is safe. just google "caffeine during pregnancy" and you'll find tons of info and charts that tell you how much caffeine is in certain things. good luck hon :)

mcbee - June 4

This is actually a question I haven't posed to my doctor yet. However, my cousin has had two little boys, and her doctor told her that one of the biggest concerns with caffeine is that it is very filling, and sometimes (especially if a mom isn't feeling very well), it ends up replacing a meal, and you don't get the proper nutrition. I have no idea how accurate that is, but for what it's worth, I get the impression that it's not the end of the world that you had some comforting caffeine moments!

Bilmes123 - June 5

I miss my iced tea lol. I'm to scared to drink it. My doctor said a cup of coffee a day is fine....and I know iced tea has less caffine in it then coffee....but I am still to scared...

clindholm - June 5

I think the caffeine issue is with circulation to the baby and increasing the heart rate. It has been linked to miscarriage. They say one cup a day is fine, try to switch to tea, it has about 1/2 the caffiene. It's not easy, but not worth taking a chance.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?