Confused-pg114056161818

2 Replies
JAYME - February 21

hi i was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites that gave you information on drinking during the first trimester of your pregnancy. i was under the impression that any drinking could drastically harm your baby, so i made an appointment to abort it. However, now i am hearing otherwise. I have been drunk about 4 times and and about 10 weeks now. My appointment is scheduled for thursday and i can not get in to see my doctor before then. Thank You

JuJu - February 22

Wow - Jayme; this is a crucial decision for you. Basically, there is strong evidence to suggest that consistant heavy drinking throughout a pregnancy can lead to FAS (foetal alcohol syndrome) BUT that is not to say that your baby has been harmed. In fact; not to encourage you with continuing to drink (because you shouldn't!!!) but there is a good chance that you baby will be fine - provided you stop drinking NOW! This is such a major decision for you - I would seriously consider talking to a professional midwife or doctor before you take any action - if you can't get in to see your doctor - make an appt with another doc. You will find many article on drinking during pregnancy if you search on google - but I think in your case you really should discuss it with a professional - which is difficult to do online. Best of luck-

chandellina - February 22

if you want the baby at all you shouldn't worry about having gotten drunk 4 times. it is very unlikely that would be enough to cause any major problems. usually the concern is about consistent and heavy drinking throughout the pregnancy, and even then i think it is only 40% of babies that show signs of fetal alcohol syndrome. try some google searches and talk to a doctor. i had a termination myself three years ago for a similar reason (had been smoking cannabis on a regular basis not knowing i was pregnant) and later found out it was unlikely to have caused any problem. I regret that very much...

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion