Cramping Question-pg117266269525

5 Replies
elizD - February 28

Hi I am supposed to be almost 6 weeks pregnant by my LMP. Last night I had very very bad cramps (felt like contractions). It turned out that I had to go to the bathroom. Once I did, the cramps went away immediately. There has not been any bleeding yet. Does anyone know if this is normal?

tk07 - February 28

it is definately normal, especially if they went away after you went to the bathroom. no bleeding is always good too! i would be concerned if you had them and either didn't have to go to the bathroom or they continued. i get cramps from that too, and really sharp gas pains, but i got those before i was pregnant also! good luck with everything!

Kime - February 28

Yes it is normal. I am 22 weeks and have been very constipated lately b/c i take iron for my anemia. And last night i thought i was going into preterm labor b/c my stomach hurt so bad. Even after i went to the bathroom, i had the worst cramps in my back i guess b/c of gas. It was so horrible i was about to cry.

julierose - February 28

oh yes, dont worry. Im now 16 weeks, and had period like cramps till about 7-8 weeks. My doc said its normal and is usually your uterous stretching out. So no worries!!

elizD - February 28

Thanks! I went to the DR today and he said that since they went away after going to the bathroom he thought it was ok. Still, very scary. I was certain I was having a miscarriage last night. I got more blood drawn today to make sure my numbers are still doubling. Other than that I will just have to wait until my first u/s march 15. It will be a long 2 weeks!!!

ChattyKathy - February 28

Honey, if you aren't bleeding cramps could really mean a number of things non-miscarriage related. Don't worry about every ache a pain, you'll have many! Its too much to worry about, you'll end up driving yourself crazy. Just relax. Its probably constipation cramps.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion