Dizzyness-pg112400750518

7 Replies
Emma - August 14

I live at high alt_tude (7800 ft) and we moved here just 2 weeks ago. I am in my 7th week and had a weird day of feeling dizzy yesterday - I wonder if it is my body reacting to the alt_tude -or something else - does anyone else recall feeling dizzy at during this period?

.. - August 14

bump

Lin - August 14

o yea! im also 7 weeks and im always dizzy- i have the pregnancy dizziness and im on medication to lower my heart rate and blood pressure so its twice as bad!

Cathy - August 15

Lin What medication are you on? Just wondering as I was on one (inderal) to lower my heart rate and my ob/gyn made me get off of it as soon as I found out I was pg.

Jolie - August 15

I think I am about 5 and half weeks pregnancy and I get dizzy every day. That's how I suspected pregnancy. I hear this is normal.

piratesmermaid - February 11

I moved from sea level (actually a bit below) to over 7200 ft during my 8th week of pregnancy. I've been trying to get more information about how and if that will affect my pregnancy and/or the baby. As far as the dizziness goes, I got dizzy before I got pregnant, but it was really bad when when moved. I'm sure it was a combination of the pregnancy as well as the change in alt_tude. I also got and still get episodes of shortness of breath (I'm currently in my second trimester) which I'm sure is mostly the alt_tude change. My doctor told me to take more iron because it can take up to six months for your body to increase it's red blood cell count to the proper level for living at high alt_tudes. And my dizziness and shortness of breath have gotten less intense and more rare. I hope that helps.

safokken - February 14

Hi piratesmermaid, I guess we're the only two on this posting right now. This is my second pregnancy and I've had dizziness in both. My doctor suggested increasing protein which actually does help. I can tell when I haven't had any for awhile.

piratesmermaid - February 14

I have increased my protein intake, and it has gotten better. I can't stand the sight of ground beef (raw or cooked), so if it's red meat, it has to be steak :). My shortness of breath hasn't gotten any better though. It's not bad, just every once in a while, after a laughing or crying fit, or if I have to chase one of my dogs.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?