First Appointment-pg119549419754

4 Replies
Mommy2be - November 19

I just found out last week that I am pregnant. My neighboor says that I am 2-4 weeks. Other people say that I am 4-6. I am not sure, I don't know how to count that at all. Anyways so today is my first appointment, My doctor squeezed me in earlier, I am really nervous, what will the doctor do?

kendra.marie - November 19

probably just a prenatal(usually paperwork) unless they did a blood or urine to confirm pregnancy.

hioannidis - November 19

It all depends on how you count your pregnancy, there are 2 ways > 1) from your last period, which would make you 4-6 weeks or 2) from the date of conception, which would make you 2-4 weeks. < Most people count from their last period. Your doctor will probably send you out for blood tests to check your HcG levels, she/he may also do a pap. He/She will ask you questions about your last period as well. Good luck and let us know!!!

sarah21 - November 19

Doctors count from your last period, so when you conceive you're already 2 weeks. Since most women don't have a straight 28 day cycle and can't always nail down the date that they know they conceived, the first day of the last period is the easiest, most accurate date that Dr.'s can measure by. Congratulations!

sarah21 - November 19

Oh and the Dr. won't really be able to do a whole lot but give you some advice, maybe a prescription for a good prenatal, get you scheduled for a couple weeks for an ultrasound to see the heartbeat, and all that good stuff.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion