First Trimester Screening-pg121286261132

2 Replies
Carly67 - June 7

Hi I am 10 weeks 3 days pregnant with my fifth child. My youngest just turned 14 months. I had an OB appointment yesterday and we heard the hb with the doppler, I also have had 3 u/s so far. Anyway the doc gave me the info for the First Trimester Screening. Now with my youngest I just had the NT u/s and no blood work because I heard of high false positives but now they do the bw in the first tri and it is the drops of blood you do at home and send in so when you have the u/s they will have all your results ready. I am nervous because they say there is still a 5% false positive even though my doc says it is not like the blood tests in the second trimester which are more likely to show false positive. I was wondering if any of you have taken this and what your thoughts are. Thanks for sharing.

mjvdec01 - June 7

I am 33 weeks 2 days pregnant with our second child. I only have the tests that are 100% accurate. My thought is why take the chance of getting a false positive, and all the unnecessary heartache that would come along with it, only to have a perfectly healthy baby.

clindholm - June 8

Hi Carly- I am 13 weeks and just had my nt scan last week. I am waiting for the bloodwork to come back- probably Friday. I am an older mom so I prefer to have the testing done, keeping in mind the error rates. I had a scare last time with the 2nd tri screening and Trisomy 18. My dd was perfect and the doc was terrible and didn't tell me the only thing they saw was a very soft marker. I say have it done, but don't freak out if you get a less than perfect result- these tests DO NOT diagnose- they give a probability rate. If anything comes up, do your homework, don't rely on the docs to give you all the info. Good luck.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion