First Ultrasound-pg110900039418

6 Replies
Kristin - February 21

This is my first pregnancy and I go for my first ultrasound a week from today. I will be 8 weeks. Someone told me that I probably will be given a va___al utrasound. Another person told me that those are only reserved for heavy women. I probably should just call my doctor and ask, but until then, does anyone know? Thanks for the help.

Mandi - February 21

i don't know either but i was wondering the same i go monday and will be 8 weeks it is the 1st appontment i have had 2 other kids but i can't remember if they will or not good luck!

Maleficent - February 21

i had an ultra sound at 8 weeks this pregnancy. they were able to do it abdominally. make sure your bladder is full when you go in, it will push up your uterus and give a better look at baby. with my first baby i had the vag-scan. it was painless, a little invasive, but not uncomfortable. and we got a great look at his little heart beating away.

Leahp - February 21

Hello, I went for my first appt. at seven weeks and they didn't do an u/s but I go for my next appt. in a week (12 wks. along) when they'll do blood work and we'll get to hear the heartbeat, do they do an u/s or just a monitor?? I'm also confused when they say scan compared to ultrasound. Do you think I'll get to see my little bean at 12 weeks?

Kristin - February 21

Thankyou, Maleficent, I will make sure my bladder is full.. although it always seems to be full, with the rate I have to go to the bathroom! I am so excited!

Nick - February 21

I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks and it was a v____al ultrasound. I am now 4 months and 140 pounds, so I don't think it has anything to do with weight. It probably depends on your doctor. My sister is heavy and her doctor did an abdominal.

JM - February 21

I went for an ultrasound last week at 6 weeks. The doc did it my first visit because I had a m/c in Nov. She is doing another in 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing. My doctor has always done it v____ally from 6 - 9 weeks and I am not fat. They get a better picture because the baby is so small by doing it v____ally. We saw the gest. sac and the yolk sac and some movement. You can't see much this early. good luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion