Flying When Pregnant-pg116984126036

5 Replies
nicdel - January 26

Hello all, i am very pleased to announce that i am 4 weeks pregnant today after going through 3 miscarriages one of which at 17 weeks (trisomy 21) me and hubby are still so nervous but also can't stop smiling, i o to see my genetic midwife on Monday, but wondered if anyone knew how safe flying is in early pregnancies we are due to go to rome in feb and i will be 8 weeks then, how safe is this? is there any risks? has anyone flown before then and been ok? i'm worried as due to my losses before i know i will be classed as high risk pregnancy straight away, if there is a risk i would just rather cancel our trip as it is only my birthday present from hubby and he feels the same as me Thanks for replys in advance Nicola

kelley - January 26

Hey there girl, welcome to the first trimester board, I don't know if you remember me, we talked a few times back and forth on the m/c forum. Congrats on the pregnancy. I am now 12w5d and have been doing okay for the last few days... I finally got the m/s to go away. How are you doing? I really have no idea how to answer your question, but I saw that you posted it and thought that I should pop in and say Congratulations and Hello.

Kansas - January 26

Hi there! I've been reading this forum for awhile and figure it is about time for me to actually make a post. I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and a pilot. I fly about 7 flights a week for my job and a__sure you that flying commercially is not a cause of m/c. I too had a m/c in Nov, followed by a d&c, and a positive test 6 weeks later. I continue to fly daily with this pregnancy and my OB has not even considered my job a risk factor. Hope this helps.

jessicaspatherapist - January 26

i flew at 8 weeks to hawaii from San diego then to boston from san diego and back a day doc says its fine and just to make sure and get up on the plane and walk a lot and drink plenty of fluids.

nicdel - January 27

Thanks all for your replies think i will go ahead and fly. Hi Kelley good to hear your well. I'm ok at moment just really nervous and anxious for the next 8 weeks ahead as cant have the nuchal reading done till then, my genetic midwife is fab thou, she was so pleased to hear our news and said i can have a scan every week if i want to put my mind at rest after our last pregnancy but think i will just have one at 8 weeks before we fly then at the 12 week one, but saying that i bet i end up having one every week. Have no sickness or sore b___bs yet that doesn't usually kick in for me till i'm around 6 weeks, anyway enough of me how are you doing?

kelley - January 27

Nicola, I am doing well. I have finally just about gotten over the morning sickness and the nausea. We are excited to be expecting again after the loss lats summer, we got to see the baby at 7w1d when they did a scan and I heard the heart beat again at my appointment at 11w2d. I will be 13weeks tomorrow and will be happy to be in the 2nd trimester. I am glad that you have a caring midwife that you can count on to help you through everything... that is great. I think that I would have the scan every week too, but that was not an option for us. I have just finally started getting over the extreme fatigue that I dealing with, but with 2 toddlers and pregnancy I guess that I should have expected it. I hope that you have a healthy and happy nine months and that everything goes exceptionally for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good Luck!!!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion