How Often -pg112350817118

6 Replies
Cathy - August 8

How often are we supposed to be going to the doctor? I had my first appointment on the 29th of July, and an u/s on the the 31st, but they did not schedule me for any further visits. Should I call them or wait for them to call me?

Julie - August 8

Cathy, I believe you're supposed to go every 4 weeks. More often if there's a problem...........

shelly - August 8

They say every 4 weeks, but my doc is seeing me every 5 weeks until I get a little further along.

Kathy - August 8

Call them! I agree, mine will be every 4 weeks.

Cathy - August 8

I called them. They didn't seem to know what I was talking about.... I talked to the receptionist who sent me to appointments who asked me what I needed to make an appointment for. Then I tried to explain and they said they would have a nurse call me which was hours ago and I haven't heard from them. I took tons of blood tests last week and a pap smear, they never did tell me any results...

Mary - August 8

I think you should find a new doc. This one sounds like a quack. No offense or anything but that's not normal.

Cathy - August 8

I finally heard from the nurse. She told me the results of my blood tests, all seems well. my hcg was at 4062 at 5w2d. She said I would need a rubella shot after I deliver though. I think I am going to be looking for a new doctor. The place I go to is just too big, they have about 10 dr. and you have to see all of them. I am glad I called, they would have lost me through the cracks as no one there could figure out why I would be calling and kept asking me if I am pregnant. They already did urine tests, blood tests and an u/s. Any ways, thank you all for your support. I don't think I can go any longer with this team of drs, I want personal attention. I have had 4 m/c and really want a dr who is going to care about me as a person not just another number.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?