Incompetent Cervix-pg121983768671

4 Replies
Nk - August 27

I am 9 wks pregnant, with an incompetent cervix and will be having a cerclage at 14 weeks. This is my 3rd pregnancy, I lost the first pregnancy at 20 weeks and the second at 26 weeks. I am really scared and I'm wondering if the cerclage is really effective. My doctor says I might have to remain in bed till delivery, that really scares me. Is there anyone who has gone through something like this? I will appreciate your advice.

lovemylogan - September 16

Nk, my sister has an incompetent cervix. She had her first baby at 27 weeks. He is now 4 years old and as healthy as any other 4 year old. With her 2nd pregnancy they did a cerclage at 14 weeks. The baby tried to come at 27 weeks. They put her on bedrest for the remainder of her pregnancy, he came at 35 1/2 weeks. No problems at all. I am now pregnant with my first, same problem but I didn't get a cerclage because they didn't think it would be a problem. I am on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy, I'm now 28 weeks. I will have to get a cerclage with my next pregnancy, but seeing how it helped my sister I am so glad that they have something like this. Good luck!!

KimberlyE - September 20

Stay off your feet as much as possible!

Missie76 - September 21

I had a friend who had this done. She didn't know what was wrong. She had previous miscarriges around 15-20. She had this procedure, but she had to be on light bed rest the duration. Stay off your feet as much as possible. Don't worry, it'll be fine

Nk - September 24

Thank you all for your encouragement. It really helps to speak to other women that understand what I'm going through. Thanks again

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion