Insurance -pg113194634018

3 Replies
Tara - November 14

I just found out I'm pregnant and I have no insurance. What do I do?

Jamie - November 14

Tara go see if you can sign up for a medical card. Call your local health department and they will give you the information you need.

mama-beans - November 14

Also, you can buy privagte insurance from companies like Regence Blue Shield. It will cost you just over $100 a month, and they don't cover pre-existing conditions ( like pregnancy) for 3 month waiting period... so your first few visits would be on you to pay, but it would cover your hospitalization and the birth of your child, as well as the last and most expensive months of pregnancy. If you just can't afford any insurance, and are in the U.S. you CAN go down to your State Health department and sign up for womens aid. You qualify for state insurance which covers your whole pregnancy ..all you have to do is be in need financially and pregnant. Then after baby you can get support from WIC. I highly recommend getting insurance privately, but if you are not in a position to pay for this child your self, then State aid might be the right route for you.

hi - November 14

I live in a state where pregnancy is a pre existing condition and I would not be covered by insurance for it at all, since I didn't have insurance prior to pregnancy. We also made too much money to qualify for state aid. I was able to find several hospitials and doctors in my area that offered special rates for the uninsured. It involved alot of leg work (phone calls) and the hospitals required that I pay in full before my 7th month. Maybe they have something similar in your area.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?