Is It In My Head -pg117013039751

10 Replies
grace2 - January 29

Hi all, I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant now (first time) and have been worrying like crazy, of course. I've been doing lots of reading and looking out for signs of miscarriage and what has been upsetting me the most is what I've heard about cramps. I understand that feelings like menstrual cramps are a bad sign and I think I might be imagining them. Have any of you been in this situation before? It's been a stressful week and I find that when I'm alone with my thoughts that is when I feel some cramping. Maybe it's just me, but my next doctor's visit is not for a while and I would love to hear what you all think about this.

DownbutnotOUT - January 29

I had cramps alot from like the time af was due to about 12 weeks and I still have them off and on. Im currently 21 weeks and 1 ady preggers with a very active little wee one :)

Tammy276 - January 30

I had cramps during my first trimester and still get them once in a while (I am 32 weeks).. cramping during early pregnancy is completely normal and the only time it would signal a m/c is if it were sudden and severe...also accompanied by bleeding. I wouldn't worry about it, a lot of woman have menstrual like cramps in the first trimester.

momma3tobe - January 30

I think some cramping is normal, I know I have cramping off and I had it with my first two... I know it's hard with this being your first, but just try to relax and enjoy being pregnant!

lawlady72 - January 30

I would say if you are seriously concerned there is no harm in calling your doctor. Please don't let a lot of what you read on the internet get to you. I did the same thing in the very beginning and my doctor said to lay off the internet searching for a while, she's heard a lot of women freaking out about what they read on there. But she did say to call her with any concerns.

ChattyKathy - January 30

No, no, no, sweetheart. Menstrual-like cramps are a sign that your uterus is growing! You're okay! Its only when those cramps are accompanied by bright red blood that its a bad thing. Don't worry yourself by reading up on that stuff. A stressed out mommy is good for no one, so relax! =) And congratulations on your pregnancy.

kstill - February 1

I know exactly what you mean girl. I am 6 weeks into my first pregnancy and cannot stop worrying about every little thing. I have some cramping from time to time. At first it worried me, but after doing some reading, I found out it is perfectly normal....as long as its not unbearable cramping or accompanied by spotting. Now, when my tummy cramps, I get excited because I know its the baby doing whatever it is they do in there! And yes, the cramps could be made up in your head. Maybe subconsciously, you are just wanting to feel the baby to know it is actually a real thing. To me, even though I KNOW I'm pregnant, it doesn't seem really REAL yet. I sometimes think I can feel the baby moving, but I think that is impossible at only 6 weeks. The more you/I think about these little things, the more stressed/frustrated we will get. You are absolutely not alone though!

margie - February 1

Oh wow...honey, you sould exactly like me at 5 weeks. I was unbelievably freaked out by EVERYTHING, honestly I still do get that way sometimes for sure because ive had some bleeding, the women on this forum have been unbelievably helpful and rea__suring with all the problems and questions I've had. This is a scary time especially for us newbies. I can a__sure you the cramps are not a bad sign at all though, its your uterus making room for that baby! Once I found that out it made me feel so much better...as long as they are like menstrual and not really painful. Oh...and since you're still so early (I'm almost 9 weeks but it's felt like I've been pregnant for months..lol) just be prepared for really anything and everything and expect it all most likely to be normal as strange and scary as it seems, I've just started to realize that this week, seeing my ultrasound and baby's hb sure helped! The only thing thats a really bad thing at this point is red blood especially if its heavy call your doctor right away--and even then there are some instances where it can be caused by something other than miscarriage--and severe painful cramps. Hope this rea__sures you! :)

grace2 - February 2

wow. You gals have no idea how much better your responses made me feel. I think I've found a priceless resource in this forum. Thanks so much ladies!

zerfowski05 - February 3

This makes me feel so much better! I'm about 6 wks with my first baby and am paranoid by every little thing. I have cramps and no bleeding and feel completely bloated. I'm still in shock and don't believe it's real! Congrats to everyone!

BiancaM - February 3

Hi! I've had 2 miscarriages and both times I didn't have any cramps until the night before I miscarried. Now I'm 11 weeks pregnant and have had the whole pregnancy. I get the 3-5 times a day and they last for a minute each time... it's my uterus stretching. So cramps aren't always bad :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?