March Babies 2007 Part 8

654 Replies
Tammy276 - February 2

Well here we are girls, March Babies Part 8!!! Can you believe it? We can officially tell people we are due next month!!(or this month for some) How great is that!! Here is to these last few memorable weeks of being pregnant before we welcome our little ones into the world!!

Tammy276 - February 2

The yahoo site is looking great girls!! Everyones pictures are so cute!! I will have to get some together to post, I'll take another belly picture tomorrow and post that!! I have to work tomorrow :(..I really don't want to work anymore, but I know I have too..I just have no energy at all. I have off all next week, so I really shouldn't complain!! Hopefully I will be able to get the nursery done next week.....we still need to order our crib yet! I got my carseat today!! Yeah! It is so cute!! And PINK!! All I have to say is I sure hope our u/s tech was right, otherwise our little boy will be wearing a lot of pink stuff!! Oh, the FFN test came back negative!! Which is good :) So I don't have to worry about going into labor in the next two weeks! :) Whoever asked about the dilation thing.....The contractions are what make you dialate, so if you are dialated, you know that you have been having contractions (even though you may not feel them!).....and the baby moving down and engaging also helps the cervix to dialate and efface. My hubby was begging for s_x again today and I said..NOPE! Not until I reach at least 36 weeks cuz the last time we did, is the day I woke up w/ contractions...so no more for him for another 4 weeks!! He can handle it!! I think its funny.. I looked at the calander on the yahoo site and everyones due dates are in the beginning of the month.....and then there is me and kerryv at the end. :( dont' worry kerry, we will stick it out together girl!! Well, I better go, I told my sis I would log onto yahoo and chat w/ her for a while...have a good nightQ!

writergirl - February 2

that was the first question out of my mouth, tammy..."Is it a girl?" the nursery closet looked like someone threw up Pepto Bismol, it's so pink! I'm glad your FFN test came back negative. will then do it again at 34 weeks? vanja, i will definitely be having an epidural. is anyone here having a natural childbirth with no drugs? I felt like c___p last night. between 3-4am, i had the worst cramps. really bad. I almost started to time them, but then they went away. not sure why i was cramping, but it hurt. then I started to think about the entire process and that kept me up another hour. so i'm so tired today. i'm going to update my hospital bag today since I found out a few things since I put it together (like you can't wear pjs with tops and bottoms, only gowns...and that cadence isn't going to be 35lbs, so i can bring the smaller onesies). i don't have much energy for anything else today, but i'm going to try to go out for a bit and run some errands. my neighbor suggested to walk to help with start labor, so she and I are going to walk around the mall on saturday. wouldn't that be funny if my water broke in the middle of Tiffany's?? they would freak out! LOL

writergirl - February 2

tammy, i meant the first question out of my mouth at my own u/s.

yaas - February 2

Tammy_ I am glad that the test came negetive now you can relax about that. writerfirl_ why can't we wear pjs like tops and bottom?!!! I bought 2 yesterday just for the hospital:< tis itching is driving me crazy, and the cream doesn't seem to help, anybody ? any sugestions?

writergirl - February 2

yaas, try not to take super hot showers, since they can dry your skin out and make rashes worse. I'm so sorry that you feel badly. i was told that you have to wear gowns, not PJs with bottoms because they are always checking you...your v____a, cervix, uterus, b___t, etc. So they have to have access to you. bottoms wouldn't work at all. also you're bleeding all the time, so they will usually give you throw-away underwear and pads. but check with the hospital on that one.

kerryv - February 2

Yaas- what you have is called PUPPS. it is very common to get in the last trimester. look it up, you may be able to find some tips on relief but from what i know about it is that the real relief doesnt come until after delivery and then it all goes away. as for the what to wear at the hospital. i was told to bring/wear what you are comfortable with. they will be checking your lower region frequently but as long as you have loose fitting pants on that are easy to slide off and on, you should be fine. personally, i am not comfortable with nigthgowns and when i am up walking around through the hospital and stuff, i dont want to have a gown on. i am bring some of those fleece pants from old navy to wear. tammy or lia can give us more guidance since they have been through this before:) good luck with your walking writergirl! we have an infant care cla__s at the hospital tomorow so that should be interesting. we are off to the library to get some dvds on giving birth...

writergirl - February 2

kerry, good to know about the bottoms. I'm going to bring a pair of hospital doc's pants just in case i can wear them. I have no desire to be in a gown either. have a good time with your cla__s. there's so much to know! i went out for indian food this afternoon. that was nice. now i think i'll just chill out and watch some tv. i'm having more of those cramps, but nothing all that earth shattering.

writergirl - February 2

kerry, what types of dvds are you getting? are you having an epidural or a natural childbirth? i'm worried that even though i'm getting an epi at 4cm, i won't know how to breathe the right way to get through the painful contractions up until then.

Tammy276 - February 2

hi girls.......o.k... on the whole night gown -vs- pajamas thing, I think it is up to you what you want to wear, unless the hospital specifically tells you otherwise. After I gave birth to my son, the do come and check you every so often and push on your belly to see how much blood comes out and if there are any clots...during that period, I was still in the hospital gown....I changed gowns after I delivered just becuase the one I wore during labor was all sweaty (sorry tmi)...but after that, I stayed in the hospital gown for a few hours until they were done checking me...then I changed into my own pj's, top and bottom, and into regular cloths the next day.....They only check you the first few hours to make sure that the uterus is contracting back down to its normal size and I think they checked once throughout the night and that was it. So, if your not sure what to do, bring one of each, that way your covered either way.. I plan on just bringing pj's again, I don't like gowns....plus I am bringing a robe. On the natural -vs- epidural, I am up in the air yet. I did have an epidural w/ my son, but I think I wouldn't have gotten it if I wasn't induced. So this time I am just going to play it by ear.....I am going to try natural and if I find out I can't handle it, then I will get the epidural.....I'm open to either way and don't have my mind set on either one. And hopefully most of us will have started dialating already before we go into labor, then by the time we get to the hospital, you won't have to wait for the epidural. i could have gotten mine right away last time when I was induced because I was 3cm already, but I didn't want it right away. Writergirl, don't worry about the breathing thing....your body just kinda knows what to do...I mean just think of when you are in any other kind of pain, how do you breathe? What worked for me was slow deep breathing...in through the nose and out through the mouth...and another thing, make sure you RELAX during your contractions....if you don't let your body relax, it actually slows down the labor process and it can take forever for you to dialate....thats why most woman usually go really fast after they get the epidural because they are not tensing their body up....after I got my epidural, I was 4cm and within the hour I was 10 and ready to push.....where as woman who don't get the epidural, it can take them hours and hours to go from 4 to 10 if they are not relaxing and breathing.

kerryv - February 2

writergirl- we got a labor and delivery video, feeding video and a newborn care video. thanks for the info Tammy!

kerryv - February 2

oh and i do plan on getting an epidural as soon as i can get one! if figure delivering a healthy baby is good enough for me and i would like to take advantage of the drugs if they help in pain relief!!

Tammy276 - February 3

kerry, a nice thing about the epi is it allows you to relax during your contractions so you can actually rest and get some sleep and be ready to push, instead of being all worn out and tired by the time it comes to pushing...I'm sure I'll end up getting one again, but I am still going to try to do it natural..I figure if my sister can do it, I can do it....Although, she did ask for the epi, but by the time she asked, she was already 10 cm and ready to push, so she did it with NO drugs at all.....absolutely nothing for pain....Yeah, poor hubby...how bout poor me!! I actually want it now all the time, but now after last saturday I am scared.... I don't want to start having contractions again!!! My doc. said that if it happened again she was going to put me on pelvic rest which would mean no lovin at all for the rest of the pregnancy...so I figure at least if we wait until I'm like 35 or 36 weeks, then I won't mind if i get some contractions......I went to work tonight and it sucked!! I"m pretty much useless because I can't help with luggage and I'm not really trained that well on the computer yet to do checkins, so I basically sit around and get paid!! haha..at least I still get paid!

Tammy276 - February 3

oh yeah, and I think Isabelle is starting to get a bit lower...all day today, it feels like a pinching sensation in there, like shes poking me or something..I think its her head rubbing on my cervix...OUCH!

yaas - February 3

thanks writergirl . kerry_ thanks for the info on teh rash. the doc told me sometimes it stayes untill after delivery. but I am scared i get strech marks, so far I haven't had any, but now my thighs and all around my belly botton like big circle is red rashes in the morning is better abut through out the day it get more red and worse, I can't een tell you how bad the itching is i feel i am diying:< and the doc told m if you scrach you will get marks so I am really scared. do you guys think I can still put my palmers cream on my belly, I used to do it everyday but now I am only using the itching cream that doctor gave me which is not oily it makes it more dry and its mostly like amedicin. and it really makes no diffrent:< I took a benedryl tonight I figured if the doc said its ok to take it so it must be, this is my first pill during this pregnancy, i hope I get well soon, please pray for me. Tammy_ thanks on the info , I will take both to the hospitall too. and about epi vs naturall, I want to try but totally open to get the epi, if I see taht the pain is bad I will get the epi. kerry_ have fun tomorrow. we have a birthing calss romorrow , it starts from 9am till 4:30pm. so its gonns be a long day for us. but I am sure it will be good for me, vanja_ i hope you have fun tomorrow and you get to take a picture too:)

Lissa - February 3

Well I am up at 2:30 a.m. so I thought I would check in. The pain in my back got 100 times worse. I couldn't move my right leg at all or walk last weekend. The doctor had me go to the hospital to see if it was a blood clot. Luckily it wasn't but they had to prescribe me tylenol with codeine for the pain. I had a couple of appts with a chiropractor this week but so far I just feel more sore. That is why I am up right now because I couldn't sleep with the pain. My amnio fluid was better at the last u/s so that was a relief. I only have to be on the contraction meds for one more week. It will be nice to be able to sleep through a whole night without having to wake up every four hours to take meds. My shower was this past weekend and we got a lot of nice stuff. I was drugged up during it though. My husband's extended family is in town this weekend. I am still on bedrest so I can't hang out with them as much as I would like to. They are going to come over tomorrow to see the nursery and we are supposed to go out to dinner but I have been having a lot of contractions the last couple of days so we will see. I know it is selfish but I am so ready to have this baby (I am 35 wks today). I am tired and uncomfortable all the time. I keep silently praying for my water to break.

Lissa - February 3

I have wanted all along to have a natural birth but with having all this back pain I am kind of over the suffering thing. I will probably get an epi now. The epi has also shown to slow down labor for some women. Your body can actually get too relaxed and your contractions slow down. Sometimes they have to supplement with pitocin. Tammy, I am glad your FFN test came back negative. Yaas, I am sorry you are itching so much; it must be miserable. Maybe you could go to a spa and get like a mud bath. The cool mud might help with the itching and it will moisturize your body at the same time. Just a thought. Well ladies hopefully this tylenol has kicked in by now and I can go back to sleep. I hope you have a great weekend.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion