Measuring Big -pg117373976055

4 Replies
gaudior - March 12

I had a doctors appt today. The good news is that we heard a healthy heartbeat! The confusing news is that she said that my uterus feels like 14 weeks when I'm only 11. Does anyone have any experience with this? My last u/s was at 7w6d, showed a second sac that wasn't there at the 5w2d u/s, but it was clearly empty and flattening when the other sac was full of baby, so I don't think I'm having twins. Thanks in advance for any insight you can give!

DownbutnotOUT - March 13

well there could possibly be a slow developing twin or your just measuring big alot of OBGYN's wont measure you until 20 weeks because they get many inaccuraces. i would request a 2nd u/s to see what has happened concerning the other sac.

sahmof3 - March 13

Is this your first pregnancy? Sometimes in a 2nd (or more) pregnancy you can get bigger faster. If it's your first... I don't know, except as DBNO said... an u/s can give you a better idea. With my 3rd the m/w said I was at least 14 weeks, but I knew I was only 9 1/2. The u/s showed I was 9 1/2. I measured big all along with him. He did end up being 10 lbs. 6 oz., but I had already had a 9 lb. 5 oz. baby and didn't get big at all with him!

Kime - March 13

Ya that happened with me to. When i went to my First dr.'s appointment i was measuring 11 weeks instead of nine weeks. Well the ultrasound still says that i am on tract i am now 23 weeks. Im hoping that the ultrasound is wrong though and in the end they find out that i am further along so that i can have my daughter sooner..... O ya im not having twins either so just b/c your measuring big doesn't mean that. Also another thing is im really short so my waist is small and my uterus is high, that's another reason why i could have been measuring a little different that's what my Dr said.

gaudior - March 13

Thanks ladies! Guess I have to keep finding things to worry about. This is my first pregnancy to get this far, but both my husband and I are tall, so maybe the kid is too. I'm also short-waisted so maybe that's the reason. One week until my next ultrasound- I hate waiting!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion