Need Help-pg110064094069

2 Replies
worried - November 16

Hi all. I have just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant. I am married but only 18 and I dont know how to tell my dad. I feel sick when I think about it. Any advice? Thanks. xxx

ashlee - November 18

well if you are married, then you obviously have started your own life. Take comfort in the fact that you have a husband to be there for you, and make the most of it. It may be sooner than you two planned, and maybe your dad will chastise you, but then again isn't it you and your husband's life now? Start your own family, and be happy! Most doctors or midwives will advise you to not tell everyone about being pregnant until you are eleven to twelve weeks along, just in case you miscarry. So let the news settle in, and get used to the idea of having a baby. It takes a few weeks to get excited about it, if it was a surprise. That's how it was for me, anyway. Once I felt comfortable about it all, that's when I told my family, that way I could tell them with confidence and a__surance that this was a great thing. Now I am nine weeks along, and feel really happy about it. And telling my family actually took away a lot of the stress I was feeling intially. Good luck to you, and don't let anyone, including your dad, keep away the happiness of having a child!

Jana - November 18

Recently my cousin's teenage daughter, not married, decided to have a baby and got pregnant. At first her parents were really upset. But, as my mom put it, "everyone loves a new baby," and they came around. I agree with Ashlee, you don't have to tell anyone right away; alot of women wait until the second trimester to tell other people they are pregnant. Give yourself and your husband time to adjust to the news, and be happy! A baby is a wonderful thing; don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion