Nuchal Translucency -pg119436638374

6 Replies
Shiva - November 6

Hi Ladies!! I am 8w2d today and have a question. My doctor gave me an appointment for nuchal translucency on my 12w2d, I am not sure what they will do in this and they said it could take whole day also depends how baby helps them to do this test and they asked me to get snacks, Juices and my lunch also. Do you know about this? Is this test for all Pregnent womens??

jezebel1018 - November 6

it is a prescreening test for down syndrome performed usually between weeks 10-12.

autumnsmommy - November 6

babycenter.com/0_nuchal-translucency-screening_118.bc

Sims1 - November 6

I'm curious, my dr didn't mention that the test would take all day. my understanding is that i have to show up with a full bladder, and they take their screen shots and blood sample and ship it off to the processing center. Does anyone know if it takes all day? I havent' heard of that.

cynnababy - November 6

i had my NT scan at 12 weeks and 3 days too, and it didn't take all day. The scan itself took about 30-45 minutes, then we waited for 15 minutes to talk to a perinatologist. Some people will talk to a genetics counseling too depending on the result. The total time I spent at the doctor's office was about 2 hours, the most!

ShoppingForTwo - November 6

I learned about this screening a couple of weeks ago and added to my list of questions for my peri. Hopefully he will give me every test I ask for. He has to see me every week anyways. I guess I'll find out when I see him on the 15th

autumnsmommy - November 7

I was also just told to show up with a full bladder. A friend just told me her app. only took 2 hours too.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion