Ovarian Cyst-pg113927471118

2 Replies
agillis2 - February 6

Can ovarian cyst on both ovaries cause complications?

Angelaw. - February 7

I have several corpus luteum cysts on both ovaries. My md does not feel that they pose any threat to our baby, but the largest could pose a threat to me. She said what you have to worry about is ovarian torsion which is when the ovary turns on itself and she said it is very painful. She said it will feel like appendicitis, so you would def. know if it happened to you. She said if that happened and they caught it fast enough that they may just be able to untwist it (surgically), but if not they would have to remove the ovary. BTW, I have been taking it easy and each visit, my cysts are shrinking and most have gone away. Good Luck!

gcmickens - February 9

Hi - I just got back from my obgyn,'s and she said I have a couple of small cysts and didn't seem overly concerned about them - I guess she doesn't see them as a threat to the early pregnancy (5 Weeks, 5 Days). She ordered I have another, more precise ultrasound done in 8 days to determine size, so I won't worry until she tells me that something has to be done about them.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion