Pepto Bismol-pg117379807218

3 Replies
KSM - March 13

i have had a stomach virus and had severe diarrhea. my doc was not available and the doctor on call, said i could take pepto bismol. i took two doses. after doing some research, it said that it contains an aspirin derivative and could be harmful. does anyone know anything about this? i am 10 w.

bluv5147 - March 13

i had my first doctors appt last week and my doctor said Pepto bismol was safe. Hey gave me a list of 6 things i could take without having to call the office and ask him and Pepto bismol was one of them. hope that helps...

heather28 - March 13

According to the information they gave me at the OB clinic. For diarrhea you can do the BRAT diet. (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). It says you can take Kaopectate, and Imodium. However, I can tell you that if it's due to food poisioning you shouldn't take these things. Do you have a fever? Anything over 100.5 and you should go to the doctor ASAP.

KSM - March 13

i did have a fever, but not anymore. it never went above 100.2. i am feeling a little better. i have just had a nasty virus. hope the baby is doing ok! thanks for the help.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?