Pregnancy After Miscarriage-pg110658639471

8 Replies
leigh - January 24

I need some support. I lost my first pregnancy in November. We got pregnant again on my first full cycle and I'm now almost five weeks pregnant. BUT I'm terrified that I'm going to loose this baby too. I'm afraid that anything I do may cause another miscarriage. Today, I'm especially freaking our because I called my OB last week and told him about a small yeast infection I had. I'm allergic to over the counter stuff, so he called in a prescription one-day treatment cream. Its a class C drug. I used it last night & I've been panicking all day today that the cream is going to cause another m/c or a birth defect. But at the same time, I think that it must be safe if my OB called it in for me. How do you relax after a m/c ? Anyone have some advice to calm my nerves ?

Lori - January 24

Leigh, I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks in july and in november found out i was pregnant again. It was my first miscarriage ever and it was devistating. When I found out I was pregnant again my husband and I, like you were excited and nervous at the same time. My doctor was very supportive and told me that it is unusual for a 2nd miscarriage that the first one most likely happened because the baby just wasn' developing properly. I work full time, but in the evenings I did nothing, but relax and at 8 wks i went for an ultra sound and could visibly see a difference in the shape of the baby from the first pregnancy. I was still nervous until i hit 12 weeks that meant I made it to three months and well past the time of the first miscarriage. It is very difficult the only thing i can say is to have faith and take your time. I am now in my 15th week almost 4 months. And i still get nervous when i cramp, but it is normal. This site has helped me a great deal to see so many women who have had miscarriages and got pregnant again within three months and gone on to carry full term healthy babies. There is nothing anyone can see to relieve your stress, you just have to take it day by day. I wish you all of the luck and hope that the people around you are supportive. I have one question may i ask your age. I am 30 i miscarried at 29. And how far along were you when you miscarried. For me i told my self i would relax once i made it a couple of weeks past the first it sounds silly, but it gives you something to look to.

ekay - January 24

Lori, you made me feel tons better. I had a m/c in July and I am about 6 and a half weeks pg. I AM A NERVOUS WRECK. I can't seem to relax. My symptoms have been extremely minimal, therefore sending me into an orbit of worry. But, you made me feel lots better, now if I can still feel this way tomorrow, I'll be okay.

lori - January 25

Thanks so much for your supportive words. I'm 31 and was 30 when I miscarried in November. I was almost nine weeks when I had the m/c. I will try to stay positive - but like you, I won't relax until this first trimester is over. I'm only five weeks now & have no symptoms yet.... We'll see how it goes !

leigh - January 25

sorry - I meant to direct that to Lori; not to say that it came from Lori....

Ruthie - February 8

I had a miscarriage in November also. i was 5 and a half weeks. I didn't even have a period before I was pregnant again! i am now 10 weeks and doing fine. I've been sick 4 times only, had sore b___bs and am extremely tired, so I guess this pregnancy is ok! I'll find out for sure on 23rd february as I go for my 12 week scan! Will keep you posted on progress. Above all else, just relax and let nature take it's course. Being overly anxious is not good for you or baby. I am anxious too at every twinge and pain or lack of symptom, but try not to worry. Everything will be fine. I phoned my midwife and she put my mind at ease. maybe you should do the same. Talk to your partner. Also, the doctor wouldn't have prescribed the medication if it was dangerous for the baby. Especially if he is aware of your past history with the m/c. GOOD LUCK!

steph - February 8

Hi leigh, Im in the same boat as you. miscarried last year at 5 weeks. Im now nearly 6 weeks and terrified. I do have more symptoms this time but still very nervous. This site has made me feel less nervous about it though so goodluck. x

Julie - February 8

Hi I am in the same boat as all of you and this tread makes me feel better. I am about 5 weeks and also suffered a m/c in Nov. it was my second pregnancy and my first pregnancy was great with not a single problem and a very healthy baby boy. I was shocked when I m/c'd. I am experiencing b___st tenderness and am very tired and also having some low back pain. I have really been trying to take it real easy! I have my first doctors appt. on Thur. I hope everything goes well.

citrouille - February 9

I also feel so much better reading your posts! I'm 27 and miscarried in November (my first pregnancy). I too was shocked because no one in my family has ever had a m/c... lucky me to be the first!! Of course I've gone through feeling guilty thinking that it was my fault. I had the m/c at 7 weeks. I'm now pregnant again and at about the same stage.. I'm also a nervous wreck!! I keep checking to see if my b___bs are still tender and if there are still visible blue veins. I sometimes feel yucky in the morning but am worried when I feel fine! I think we'll be able to relax a bit more when we'll have had an ultrasound and have seen the baby's heartbeat. Apparently after that m/c becomes very rare..

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion