Progesterone Levels-pg116958413780

13 Replies
Ruby617 - January 23

After 5 IVF attempts, I am finally pregnant. I am 7 1/2 weeks. I am still on the progesterone injections. I will be weaning off of them next week. My latest blood test showed by HCG at 100,000 and my prog. at 28....isn't this low? You'd think I'd be happy to stop the shots, but like everything else in my pregnancy, it's making me nervous...anyone else in the same boat???

ROBYN - January 23

Hi Ruby 1st congrats on the pregnancy after 5 attempts. We were sucessful with our 1st IVF attempt I am 10 weeks pg and just stopped the PIO injections last week. We were released to the OB and I had to do prometrium 200mg 2x a day till yesterday. I am on bedrest I started bleeding very heavy on New Years I have a subchorionic hematoma which is basically a lot of blood that needs to bleed out. So we have been going every week for u/s the baby is fine I am just resting all the time. But I agree with you i couldnt wait to stop the injections. But mine were stopped at 9 weeks. Is there a reason why they are stopping you early or they just feel you are fine and ready to go with out them.

Ruby617 - January 23

Congrats to you as well!! I'm sorry to hear you are on bedrest. I also had a hematoma at 5 1/2weeks....scared the CRAP out of me. The u/s showed all was well though - I've got 2 buns in the oven. I expressed my concern about stopping the PIO but the Dr. said I should be fine. They will monitor me 2 days after I stop and said they would give me the prometrium if needed. I have my first OB appt on 2/6. Feel Well!! How long are you on rest for?

ginger6363 - January 23

My nurse said that progestrone in pregnancy should be above 15---I'm not sure if this only applies to a nonmedicated cycle though. I just had my progestrone tested today (7w3d) and it is at 18.7 (up from 17.5 on friday but down from the initial read of 24 in my 5th week) so she said that was good and there was nothing we needed to do.

ROBYN - January 23

Ruby Twins wow !! You must be excited. We implanted 2 embryos they found an empty sac last week behind all the nasty blood. I am ok with not having twins I already have an 8 year old. So one new one is fine for us right now. My hubby wanted twins. I am on bed rest indefinitely at this point. So how long did the bleeding last? Mine started like i said on new years and the past few days progressively been getting worse its alot of old blood though with cramps. After my transfer they did a 7 day progesterone check i was at 36 after the bfp it was in the 40's the never checked it again what were you after the transfer?

Ruby617 - January 24

I bleed (bright red - sorry TMI) for 24 hours and continue with spotting (brown) off and on. Ginger - are you on any progesterone supplement? Robyn - what are you doing all day to pa__s the time? You must be going nuts with your 8 year old.

ginger6363 - January 24

Hi Ruby, I am not on any progestrone supplements...18.7 is my *unenhanced* number. I felt like it was low, but my nurse and doctor rea__sured me that it was fine.

Ruby617 - January 24

Thanks to both of you!!

ROBYN - January 24

Hey Ruby, All i do is watch tv read magazines and come on here at chat with the girls. My husband makes sure my son keeps busy. My son keeps himself busy alot he has his xbox, movies, and lots of toys so hes really laid back and isnt demanding so he makes it very easy for me. I am very lucky. Are you still bleeding.

Ruby617 - January 25

The bleeding (red) only last 24 hours...but it was a lot! The spotting continues, but it is sporadic. I'm hoping my prog. is at least 30...I go back for u/s and b/w on Saturday. I am then released from the "clinic" and on to my OB the following week. I'm going to miss my weekly scans:-(((

ROBYN - January 25

I completely understand the "sadness" of leaving the clinic. I felt so comfortable with everyone knowing them so well seeing them so often. But on the flip side of things we werent going to be spending money out of pocket anymore all of infertility treatment was out of pocket none covered by insurance. We had a real hectic year, we got married, honeymoon, had a house built and moved end of September did the IVF and all the other infertility stuff prior so it was a huge expense for us. Now my insurance has picked up since i am seeing my OB and 100% is covered we laugh when we go to the OB because we are expecting to shell out 100's of dollars but nope. I was also ok with going to my OB because my RE knew him and said he was wonderful so I had been seeing this OB prior to getting pregnant so I knew his personality and hes great. I just placed a call into him the bleeding is getting progessively worse but its old blood i just dont want to wait till 2/9 to see him but i need his rea__surance. So in the mean time i waiting for the call and lying in bed. If your progesterone is low they will just give you the pills to get it up again. I only had to take them till Monday and that was it.

Ruby617 - January 25

I actually work in the health insurance field (nor for the evil doers). Luckily my company has several plan options to choose from. I actually switched plans 3 times and each time used the $10k max offered. Hopefully your Dr. will see you earlier than 2/9. Lots of luck at your appt. The waiting part is brutal!

Ruby617 - January 25

ROBYN, did you know there is a "best rest buddies" thread on ivfconnections.com??? Just thought I'd mention it:-))

ROBYN - January 25

Ruby yes i did know that thank you (:

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?