Sleeping Positions-pg117375643783

11 Replies
Andi13 - March 12

I've been reading "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and it mentions not sleeping on your stomach or back. It doesn't really say if they mean for the whole pregnancy or just the last trimester. Does anyone have any insight? I've been trying to sleep on my sides but it's just about killing me! I'm used to switching positions while I sleep and usually end up on my back. If anybody knows feel free to speak up! Thanks.

Tammy276 - March 13

I slept on my stomach until I couldnt' anymore (I am 37w) get to a point where you just can't.....Sleeping on your side is best as you get bigger, but I don't know anyone who can just sleep on their side!! I still sleep on my back, but I sleep at an incline to relieve some of the pressure, or I sleep with a pillow under one hip...the important thing is to not sleep FLAT on your back. I would say if you are a stomach sleeper, enjoy it while you can, its the one thing I miss and can't wait to do again!!

Andi13 - March 13

I'm an everything sleeper! LOL I usually wake up and I've rolled around so much that the fitted sheets are off my side of the bed!

Tammy276 - March 13

thats how I was too.......but I really LOVED sleeping on my stomach.....but would be on my back, sides, all over the place.....needless to say, can't do that anymore and I can't wait to get a good nights sleep again!! It's not easy rolling over when you are 9 months pregnant! I mean, the important thing is to just listen to your body..........the further along and bigger you get, buy a pregnancy pillow to put between your legs because your hips will start to hurt really bad..the pillow really helps with pressure and also kinda allows you to like side sleep on your belly....the other day, I actually took my boppy pillow and put it on the floor, and put my belly in the hole and just layed there for like 15 felt so good!!

nikki2204 - March 13

I just asked my doctor about this at my last appointment because my left side was killing me! lol He said, for now, it doesn't matter. Once you get bigger and further along, it is best to be on the left side for proper circulation.

MrsShelton217 - March 13

I am a stomach sleeper too. I remember w/ my daughter, I couldn't wait to give birth so I could sleep on my stomach! The first thing I did when I walked into my own house after comeing home from the hospital was fall face first into my pillow on my bed! I think I may have even taken a nap. I can't seem to get comfortable in ANY position right now... sleeping on my sides, stomach, or back.. I toss and turn all night. I wake up feeling like I have been run over!

Andi13 - March 13

Do you guys find that sleep doesn't come easily no matter what trimester you are in? Ever since I found out I was pregnant...I seem to be staying up later and when I do get in bed I can't get good rest.

lmk - March 13

Some nights I'm so exhausted I fall into bed and sleep great...but I also wake up often and have horrible dreams about m/c.

nikki2204 - March 13

I've had the same dreams! they are horrible. I have NO problem going to sleep, but I wake up several times per night and toss and turn.

heather28 - March 13

Even though I take Unisom for nausea I still have trouble sleeping. I'm a stomach sleeper, but I'm only 10 weeks and I can't sleep on my tummy anymore. I haven't been able to since about 5-6 weeks. I toss and turn and wake up several times a night and I almost always have to pee around 3:00 in the morning!

nikki2204 - March 13

Me too! It's usually between 2:30 and 3:00 every time!!

Pipa - March 13

Sleeping has definitely been an issue for me. I get sleepy very early but have trouble getting comfortable in bed. Stomach is uncomfortable b/c of stretching feeling and side makes me nauseous (i'm apparently all day and all night- morning sickness!). I mostly sleep on my back but end up moving around a lot. Weird dreams here and there and wake up really early usually around 2 to pee and then pretty much up for good at 6 (was 5 before daylight savings). I usually lay in bed another hour or two trying to doze off again but mostly sit there thinking about things like how to decorate nurseries!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion