Ultrasound-pg109880854782

8 Replies
W - October 26

Hi, I am seven and half weeks and have my 1st appt with the midwife is on thurs, now reading sum of the comments on here alot of u women got an ultrasound done at 5,6 or 7 weeks, now when I told my dr (2 weeks ago) she said that they dont do one till 14 weeks. How c_m I didn't have that opportunity to get it now? Is there something that is makeing me different from everyone else? I feel left out a bit! :-(

E - October 26

It all depends on how cheap your clinic is... Some clinics have insurance claims denied and they want to do the bare minimum so they know they will get paid. If you have had miscarriages, you could be considered "high risk" and then there would be reason to check the viability of the embryo at 6 weeks, as was the situation in my case. Usually, it is about insurance claims and the insurance companies cracking down on excess testing.

W - October 26

It's free for my dr's to do it.I dont get what u mean. R u in the UK?

E - October 26

No, I am in the US. It's not free here... I have no clue about the UK and there policies.

E - October 26

Is healthcare free in the UK?

E - October 26

I hate it when I use "there" instead of "their". Drives me crazy.

Tina - October 26

I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks but that was only because I was having cramping and they (the ER) wanted to make sure I wasn't having a miscarriage. I had one again at 8 weeks at local pregnancy care center. It is called Alpha Omega and they give free ultrasounds to help people hopefully decide against abortion. They also have a house that helps people(mainly teens) but that is just here (FL).

W - October 26

Hi E, yes healthcare is free in the UK unless u decide to go private, however pregnancy is not covered privatley uless ur experiencing complications. So that is y questioned the ultrasound. What a difference hey!!!

K - October 27

I had my ultrasound early bcause I've had miscarriages in the past & Doc wanted to make dure all was well and in fact we're still not sure bcause we saw a sac but no baby, so I'm scheduled 2 go again in 2 weeks.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?