Ultrasound Question-pg117269386142

10 Replies
MrsShelton217 - February 28

I posted earlier regarding not seeing a gestational sac today. (I am 4 weeks 3 days pregnant)... I got to thinking about something. When I had that first early ultrasound done w/ my daughter (at 6 wks) ... I had an internal ultrasound... (Transva___al).... This time they did it on my stomach (Transabdominal)..... Can't you see more w/ a transva___al scan when u are very early pregnant....

hapistuff - February 28

YES!

J.J. - February 28

yes, i believe b/c they can get closer to the sac. that's weird that they did a reg u/s.

ginger6363 - February 28

I agree---it's very unusal that your doctor performed an abdominal u/s and not a v____al u/s. It bugs me that your doctor is concerned about your early positive HPT and then didn't even give you a v____al u/s. What the heck???

Yeah! You are tellin me! I even asked for a v____al ultrasound... but the technician said it shouldn't be necessary.... well... obviously, it was.... in my opinon anyway

hapistuff - February 28

When do you go back?

They took blood this morning also to check my hcg levels... i go back friday to repeat that... If they are doubling then I go back for another ultrasound next wednesday, march 7th. I will be 5weeks, 3 days. I am going to demand a v____al scan. SHouldnt i be able to see something then....

jessicaspatherapist - February 28

that is weird mrs. shelton. i had a v____al ultrasound the first time as well. what do they think they'll see with an abdominal?! its hard enough to see anything when your in your second tri, nevermind 4 weeks!

I was irratated that they didnt do a transv____al one... but the tech seemed fine with doin it her way.... I dunno. bugged me. You could see very plainly the thickening of the endometrial stripe... but no sac yet. With the v____al... would you have been able to see a tiny sac or not?

ginger6363 - February 28

I don't know how the findings would differ between an abdominal u/s and a v____al u/s but I definitely know you would see more with a v____al u/s. In fact, I had a 12 wks scan last week and the tech still performed a v____al u/s. She said it was still the preferred way to u/s even a 12 wks....I can't believe that at 4 wks they did one abdominally. Here's a great site I found. It has lot of u/s info: radiology.creighton.edu/pregnancy.htm

tk07 - February 28

hi, i am 10 weeks and they still do transv____al u/s! i am super surprised she did it that way. i would guess that you are fine and your test results are going to come back great! i think as early as you are you still wouldn't have seen much though, maybe just the sac. good luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?