Update-pg114121243218

2 Replies
emmar - March 1

Hello, Just thought I would update some of you on my situation. I asked a question a few days ago as I had started spotting at 11 weeks-mainly a brown mucas like discharge- and i was petrified. Basically I had an emergency scan yesterday (my first scan) and it was AMAZING. In the UK you don't get scans until 12 weeks because they say 'there's nothing to see' and honestly, i started to think 'what if there's not a baby in there?' lol i mean the only proof i had was a positive test! so at the scan I was so scared i had to be monitored because i thought i wold pass out, i had convinced everyone that a miscarriage was imminent. I actually refused to look at the screen and told my friend not too either as i know what a bad scan looks like (too much researching!) but i'll never forget the technician turning to me and saying 'we have a baby, and we have a heartbeat' I gawped at her in disbelief and then turned round to see a perfectly formed baby with arms, legs and this very fast, flickering heart lying in my tummy. I can't express words at how miraculous it all seemed. I then panicked again as it wasn't moving much, but then it started jumping around and somersaulting and i even got 'active baby' written on my notes. My little one was measuring 10weeks 3 days which i think is fine as my LMP was 11weeks 3 days. Thats okay right? So maybe i have given hope to others who are having spotting, i still have to be worried, you're never 100% safe in pregnancy, but I think i will be happy as long as i have that little image in my mind xx

Gem - March 1

That's really great. CONGRATULATIONS xx

Neets - March 1

Emma, that's a loverly story. I'm also from the UK, but have been able to see my wee blob at 5wk 6/7 when I had my 1st u/s & I saw its hearbeat too. I'm due another u/s next Friday. Good luck to you xx

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion