Vanishing Twin Pg1243382001

1 Replies
JEN - May 26

Hey Laides, I just came from an ultrasound at 7 weeks 3 days and the doctor found that I have a vanishing twin. I am shocked by this and feel so sad for the lost baby, but so happy that one baby is growing strong. Has anyone ever gone through this? I found a lot of info online, but not many personal stories...thanks-

DownbutnotOUT - May 29

Hi Jen I'm sorry to hear about you having a vanishing twin. I have never had vanishing twin but my mother has and has shared her story with me many times over the years and I am sure she won't mind if I share it. My mom said she knew she was preggers but hadn't had a u/s yet and due to being very health conscious she would jog every morning. She said this one morning she was joging and felt her panties get very wet, I don't remember her mentioning a smell?, anyway she went to the dr's and they did an immediate u/s. As the story goes the dr congratulated her on having twins and said that there was 2 heartbeats and showed her and than during the u/s one of the heart beats actually stopped, she was around 8 weeks pregnant. The dr said something like "Oh must be something wrong with my machine," or something like that. Well it has been over 27 years and my little brother (the twin that made it) was a very happy and healthy baby. My mom has never forgotten about the twin she lost and always blames herself, long story. What's interesting though is my brother says he still dreams of his twin.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion