Weight Gain -pg117096850951

15 Replies
kimberly - February 8

How, much weight have you all gained? I am 11 weeks and have already gained 5 pounds. I am making myself sick over it. I just can't believe how much I have put on already. I just feel like a pig. I hope I am not alone in this...I don't remember gaining this fast with my last two and just feel it is way too much! Any thoughts?

kimberly - February 8

bump

Jokerzgirl - February 8

Hey Kimberly. I am 10 1/2 weeks, 11 wks on Sunday, and i havent gained anything yet. i have a little belly but when i weighed myself its still the same. i go to the doctor on the 20th for the first time and will find out if everything is ok.

kimberly - February 8

Wonderful! That makes me feel terrible..but Thank You!

ginger6363 - February 8

Kimberly, don't sweat it. My doctor saw me at 8wks and said 5 lbs was *absolutely expected* due to all the water retention, etc.

Jokerzgirl - February 8

sorry i didnt mean to make you feel bad. like i said i will have to check with the Dr. and see how much i really weigh. i dont trust home scales. i stepped on one yesterday and it said i gained 10 lbs, lets just say i kicked that one. lOl

ginger6363 - February 8

BTW, I am 9wks and have gained 8 lbs so you are not alone!

Jokerzgirl - February 8

i dont know if this makes a difference but for the majority of my pregnancy i have been eating grapefruits. i heard they burn fat, but i like them. i dont think it would make a difference but who knows

kimberly - February 8

You haven't truely made me feel bad, it is just my huge weight gain that has made me feel bad! Thanks ginger, that is a relief. I guess I sweat the weight thing b/c I am a right leg amputee so keeping my weight down is important during pregnancy or any other time for that matter. With my first I gained 7 pounds in one month and they put me on a strict diet and would get on to me over every little pound I gained over the normal. I am stressing b/c I seen the Dr. on Jan 11 and have already gained 5 lbs. since then and I don't see him until the 12th...ugh!!

Jokerzgirl - February 8

Kimberly if you dont mind me asking how old are you? this is my first child and i am 21. conceived on my birthday.

kimberly - February 8

I am 29 years old. I have been an amputee practically my whole life since I was 6. I have 2 boys at home 8 and 3, this one will be my girl!! I hope anyway..lol!

kimberly - February 8

Your B-day what a great day to concieve!!

Jokerzgirl - February 8

yea it was. something to always remember.

JulieK - February 8

I was just at the doctor yesterday and I am down 8 pounds from my prepregnancy weight. I've had very bad morning sickness though. I had plenty to spare on me anyway so no worries. Baby is doing fine and is already about a bit big for its dates :) Hope the morning sickness goes away soon though.

Megan P - February 8

Kimberly, don't freak out about 5 pounds. It's your overall weight gain that's gonna count. My twin sister gained weight FAST in her first trimester. I am 10 weeks and have gained, I think, 3 pounds already. I'll make sure of that next week.

Faye84 - February 9

I am 27 weeks and From my last visit at 25 weeks I had gained 15 lbs. total. Dont worry if you gain alot of weight at first, you may be the type that doesnt gain alot at the end. Also drink alot of water, you might be retaining water.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion