Will My Baby Be Ok -pg110485497026

3 Replies
Anon - January 4

I had absolutely no idea I was pregnant until today, my period was 3 days late (have been using contraception). As I had recently come off the pill on doctor's advice I assumed it was this causing my period to come late. I am now freaking out, one because I have been smoking, and secondly all the wrong foods I have been eating over xmas (cheeses etc) and have also been on diclofenac for gout and am now petrified this will have damaged the baby. Please advise me ASAP on what I should do next? I assume I stop taking the diclofenac now?

cathy - January 4

The first thing to do, is call your doctor and tell him you are pregnant, and see what he says about the meds, and make an apointment with your ob/gyn. Good luck to you!! I wouldn't worry about the foods you ate over christmas!

Cathy - January 4

I just looked up the drug information for you. It doesn't look like it will be a problem this early in your pregnancy, but I would still call your doctor. Here is what it says: • Diclofenac is in the FDA pregnancy category B. This means that it is not expected to cause harm to an unborn baby. Diclofenac must not be taken late in pregnancy (the third trimester) because a similar drug is known to affect the baby's heart. Do not take diclofenac without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant. • Diclofenac pa__ses into b___st milk. Do not take diclofenac without first talking to your doctor if you are b___st-feeding a baby.

Anon - January 5

Thanks! Will call the doctor today.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?