Worried -pg120363271311

1 Replies
Abby L - February 21

I'm probably being paranoid, but I just need some reassurance, I'm about 6 weeks pregnant and my husband had a few days off work and wanted to do some work on our house. He decided to lay new tile in our bathroom and the adhesive fumes were stronger than we thought they would be. Being that it's winter we can't leave windows open so ventilation is not very good. He layed the tile yesterday and the odor is much less today,(only noticeable in the bathroom), but being this early in pregnancy do you think there could be a risk? I know the first trimester is when all the brain and organ development is occurring so it worries me that I was exposed to that. From what I've been able to find it seems that long term exposures due to working environments are the most linked to risks to the baby. I've tried to get out of the house a few times, but with my 2 year old we need to be home more for naps and meals. What do you think?

softbreeze200 - February 22

I am sure you are fine. I think alot of that refers to being exposed to toxic fumes for a prolonged period of time. I am sure that you and babe are just fine. We too did a bunch of renovations to our house early in my pregnancy and all is good so far. If you are worried, speak to your dr. Congrats on your pregnancy!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?