Yeast Infection-pg12265394466

4 Replies
jendean00 - November 12

I have never had a yeast infection and I started feeling what all my friends had described to me. I bought some over the counter medicine on Monday night and I got a bad chemical burn from it. Yesterday I took a pregnancy test and discovered that I am pregnant so I went into the docotr yesterday to confirm and they gave me some cream for the yeast infection....how long does it take to get some relief from these things?? I thought this morning I was better but this evening I do not feel any better.....any tips

CodyKatie5 - November 12

I too really never had yeast infections before. I complained to my OB about (sorry if TMI) pain during s_x and when she examined me, she said I had a yeast infection. Due to the hormonal changes of pregnancy, yeast infections are SUPER common among pregnant women. I am treating my second one this pregnancy (I am currently 24 weeks). My first one I treated around 9 weeks. Just make sure you get the 7 day formula...my doc says the shorter ones do not work as effectively. I hope you feel better. Mine took about 2-3 days to start getting some real relief.

roots_girl85 - November 12

Another good thing to do is eat yogurt with active cultures in it. It helps to keep the yeast down.

jendean00 - November 12

Ok, thanks I will be buying me some yougurt tomorrow.

tiramisu - November 14

Yes it's extremely common during pregnancy. My doctor also recommended eating yogurt.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion