Abortion Pg1247594829

3 Replies
lifeisajourney - July 14

Today has been an interesting day, kind of depressing. My boyfriend and I recently found out that I was pregnant and our first doctor's appt. is next week. We both have a lot of goals that we're in the process of trying to accomplish. He is working on building a house and we actually just moved in. The house has yet to have running water which hopefully it will within the next month. It's difficult but makes you realize how thankful you are for the simple things in life. I, on the other hand, am busy trying to get my career going and still have 2 semesters of college left. I am almost 23 and he is 30. We have a good relationship with all the usual tiffs, however this morning, our tiff escalated. We both are in a great deal of stress between everything we're trying to get done and the news of the pregnancy. I have never been a big believer of abortions unless the circ_mstances are rape or a serious situation, maybe a very young mother, no financial support, etc. My boyfriend has always said that he wanted more children and I have always wanted children and a lot of them! He also said that since we've been together for 3 years, if I did happen to get pregnant that we would get married. This morning when our fight escalated, I slapped him for using certain profanity towards me. He then pick me up, set me on the ground in which I hurt my elbow and he pushed on my tummy and said in anger how dare I slap him and he hopes I lose the baby. We both got up and ended up leaving, but he revved his engine while I was standing in front of the truck, and it scared me. It really worries me some of the things that were said and the fact that we're even in this situation at this point in our lives. On the one hand, I feel like I should take responsibility and on the other I feel that I'm not quite ready and what went on this morning, really hurt me as well. I'm just not sure what to do and I need some opinions to help me decide. I feel like my boyfriend didn't have the right to do what he did, but at the same time, with my hormones going strong and my stress level, maybe I was out of line slapping him? What should I do? Please help me!

Grandpa Viv - July 15

My sympathy. Pregnancy hormones can trigger uncontrolled fights. My feeling is that an escalation to this degree suggests that the relationship is not on a firm footing. His hormones are not affecting his behavior, so you saw an unpleasant side of him that revealed his true character. What happened to his last marriage/relationship? If you decide to go through with this pregnancy, you may end up doing it as a single mother. Good luck!

babyb - July 29

wow, thats crazy. You were out of line hitting but that is still no exucse for him to go a-wall. I wasn't there so i cannot judge. I do think grandpa was right about true character though. U should keep the pregnancy as who knows-when your ready your body may not be. I am also pregnant but he guy i was with left me becuase i would'ent have an abortion. I chose this and want to believe that this pregnancy happened for a reason. Also i am starting university in the fall and will be giving birth only two months later. I can do it so so can you. good luck

DownbutnotOUT - August 6

Grandpa Viv said it the best and it would be nice if you continued this pregnancy, if your bf didnt already harm the child. Also we seem to have the same views on abortion what are your view and opinions on adoption? Maybe an open adoption? Anyway good luck with your decision and I wish you and your little one the best. Also life has taught me that things always happen for a reason.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?