Anyone Heard Of This -pg117286247560

4 Replies
Tona - March 2

Has anyone heard of taking a half of a Unisom tablet for morning sickness? My Doctor just told me to do this so I was just wondering if anyone else does this.

sdillon78 - March 2

What is Unisom?? lol I would like to try whatever! I don't get "morning" sickness, but night sickness!!

nicole12 - March 2

I was like you sdillon78, I always got sick at night, but you can go to your local pharmacy and ask for coke cola syrup, it is very sweet, but works.

Val - March 2

yes - I took unisom from around week 15 to week 19 or so. It was the only thing that stopped me from throwing up every morning. My doctor recommended it (I think the ok dosage was actually like up to 3 tablets a day, I but I only took a 1/2 or 1/4 tablet/day. The active ingredient (doxylamine succinate) was in a morning sickness drug that was taken off the shelves in the 1980's because of lawsuits claiming birth defects. However, none were ever connected to the drug, and the birth defect rate did not drop when the drug was no longer available despite the fact that a large number (maybe 40%? can't remember exactly) of pregnant women had been taking it. What did go up when they took it off the shelf was the number of hospitalizations from extreme morning sickness! It's a Schedule A drug which means it has been tested on pregnant women (most other drugs people can take during pregnancy such as Tylenol are only Schedule B) and has been tested very extensively. Google it and you'll find the above info. (I was really hesitant about taking it, and only did so after I read a lot about it! But it really helped me...my m/s was really bad.) Good luck.

Tona - March 2

My doctor told me to take a half of one 2-3 times a day depending on how I feel, I have never heard of it and so I thought I would ask. Thanks for all the answers though! it was very helpfull.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?