Baby Asprin When Ttc -pg110833866418

1 Replies
a - February 13

Hi, My Gyn suggested that I take baby asprin when ttc and continue it even after I conceive. He says it is to reduce clotting and improve blood flow to the uterus. What I haveread on the boards is that asprin can thin your blood and cause an m/c so I have been religously avoiding it since the last few weeks. Has anyone been reccomended the same thing ? Has it helped/ caused problems ? I have had 3 m/c s and the cause of all of em are not known and both of our results have come back normal. Thnx a ton

Alicia - February 13

My ob also put me on aspirin (in Canada apparently they don't have baby aspirin so I take daily low dose aspirin) even though my clotting tests came back normal b/c he said it couldn't do any harm and it increases blood flow to the placenta even when there are no clotting disorders so if anything it will help. I have never heard of it causing m/c's before. I was told it can interfere with ovulation and my dr told me to start it when I got a bfp so that's when I started and there was no fear of it messing up ovulation. I know some women start it 3dpo just like prometrium if that would ease your mind a little. I had 4 m/c's prior to this pregnancy, 3 blighted ova and a partial molar pregnancy. I took the daily low dose aspirin and 100mg of prometrium twice a day and will be 22 weeks on Tuesday. I quit the prometrium at 13 weeks and still take the aspirin, I can't say it helped for sure but it certainly hasn't hurt any! Good luck to you!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?