Baby Movements-pg112052266218

9 Replies
ericacarmack - July 4

This is my first pregnancy and i am 26 weeks right now... I have felt the baby kick - but she doesnt kick as much now..... We can still hear a really strong heartbeat and my husband isnt worried at all---- should I be??

ericacarmack - July 4

Please help!! really worried!

Lynn - July 4

Hmm..the baby is kicking but not as much? I think that as long as the baby is kicking then you should be fine, I remember reading somewhere about a kicking test-like try to count 10 in an hour or something, I am not exactly sure how that goes, if I find it I will respond back~ try not to stress too much and if it makes you feel better call doc tomorrow they'll know the right things to say to you-gl2u

ericacarmack - July 4

thanx- it just worries me because she doesnt kick nearly 10 times in an hour. but i have my husband listen for the heartbeat every like hour or so just to ease my mind a little bit...

Lynn - July 4

Here I did find this, it is t_tled "Erratic Movement Cycles" and was posted back in Febuary of this year, here it goes, maybe it will help: Question: Not sure if I should post this at Second or Third Trimester. I am just curious how many people have experienced a baby that moves a lot for a few days and then proceeds to not move for two days. Last week, I was 27 weeks and I had a non stress test done and they said the baby was moving alot and I could hear him/her kicking the monitor (although not always feeling it. This week (28 weeks) the baby did the same thing, moved a lot for 4-5 days and now, nothing. I went to the doctor and she says everything seems fine,the baby even kicked the doppler and I did not feel it. I don't want to be a paranoid person who calls every week because the baby has slowed down moving. ( I have tried the eating a snack or something cold to drink and it does not always seem to help) I need advice before I drive myself crazy! Thanks!.

Lissi - July 4

My baby doesn't kick 10 times an hour. They need time to sleep. I have gone whole days where I haven't felt her much, but like you I listen to the heartbeat to check she's ok. I'm exactly 31 weeks now and she is kicking me a lot more but she still has quiet times. My midwife says everything is ok. I heard that they don't start regular movements until about 28 weeks. It could also be that you don't always feel it. My placenta is at the front, which means I don't feel quite as much as I would otherwise. I think as long as you can feel the baby moving a bit during the day and it's (hate calling babies "it"!) heart sounds ok, everything is fine.

jean - July 4

You know, when I was pregnant with my son, he was such a nice gentle boy (inside, he is wild and all boy outside). He was not a strong kicker and never once did it hurt. Also, I would go a day and not feel him at all. It was his normal pattern. We would see him kick during U/S but I didn't feel it. As long as the doc is still hearing the HB and there are no concerns, you may just have a soft kicker, not so active. Trust me, my son is about as loud and hyper as they come. So, they make up for it. HA HA Toward the end, there were times I would realize that I didn't feel him for 2 days! Either I ignored it, unknowingly, or he just was playing and kicking in another direction. But, it was fine. Talk to your doc, but I am sure all is well.

ericacarmack - July 4

thanx all! i really appriciate it! i was just so worried- i wanted to talk to someone who is going through pregnancy or resently has, to comfort me,heehee. i am just a really big worry wort...i get scared over really small things... thanx again everyone!

cindy - July 5

I don't want to scare you, but my baby was kicking a lot for a while and then around 25 weeks she stopped moving as much. I told my doctor and he a__sured me that it was normal, but when I went in for my 27 week ultrasound they found a problem with her called fetal hydrops. Fluid in her tummy and skin. They had to admit me and do an emergency c-section the next day and she didn't make it. All of this just happened not even 2 weeks ago. I don't want to scare you, and they say what happened to us was rare, but YOU know your own body and when something changes you know. Don't just take your doctors word for it if you really feel like something is wrong. Please understand that I am not trying to scare you, but I think we need to start pushing these doctors when we think that we are really right. Please let me know what you find out. OK!

ericacarmack - July 5

wow- that does scare me.. but i will keep that in mind. i go to the doctor again on the 15- i think maybe i should wait till then- but i will talk to him about it

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?