Best Time To Get Pregnant-pg115100463518

5 Replies
lil-ladybug - June 22

i have been told that 7 days before and 7 days after your period is the best time to get pregnant. Is this true???

Deb - June 22

The average woman ovulates 14 days after the first day of her period, so no that is not true. If you have a normal cycle (28 days or so), I would start having s_x every other day from about day 8 to day 20 (day 1 is the first day of your period). Some people like to have s_x every day when they get close to day 14, but in my personal experience after trying for 6 months, I got pregnant when we only did it every other day. It takes around 48 hours for a male's sperm supply to replenish in number and motility. There is only a 24 hour window to get pregnant, because once you ovulate and the egg starts travelling down the fallopean tubes, it only lives for about 24 hours. Sperm, however can live for 3 days or even longer sometimes, so if you have s_x before ovulation, there will be some sperm "waiting" for the egg. If you only have s_x during the 7 days before your period and the 7 days after, chances are you will miss ovulation completely. Hope this helps!

kimholl28 - June 22

Deb, is right. If your cycle is longer than 28 days you should add a day for everyday it pa__ses 28 days, so if you have a 30 day cycle you should ovulate around day 16 of your cycle. Your cervical mucus will be clear and stretcy like egg whites, this is when you are most fertile.

Rhonda - June 22

Yes Deb and Kimholl is correct.You only ovulate once a month.Whoever told you that must be a complete idiot.

Grandpa Viv - June 22

Actually those are the best days not to get pregnant. Maybe you misheard.

Grandpa Viv - June 22

To clarify, 7 days before the beginning of your period and 7 days after the beginning of your period are pretty infertile. Seven 7 days after the END of your period is probably peak fertility for a 28 day cycle.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?