Bottles -pg116890044872

4 Replies
karen goode - January 15

How many bottles does a baby need?

Tracy88 - January 15

I'm going to be a first time mother so I need the answer to this too, but.....I have heard that you need a lot. I would start with 12 at the very least since you need to consider how many you will use in the course of a day, how many will be dirty, and how many you will need to pack in a diaper bag, etc.... I hope we hear from some experienced moms though so we know for sure.

MammaJL - January 15

there isn't a set number of bottles that you need but you should have enough that you don't have to be washing bottles all the time... babies usually eat every 3-4 hrs..

les22 - January 19

i have 6 bottles. soak your bottles in soapy water each time you use one then wash them all after you have used your last bottle, boil the kettle before your babies last feed. when you have finished feeding the baby scrub all the bottles and pop them in the steriliser and by the time they are sterilised the water will be cool enough to make up the feeds. if you have lots of bottles you tend to become a bit lazy wth washing them and you end up with 2 days worth of bottles to clean. you can only fit six in most sterilisers anyway.

tyler0323 - January 19

more than 8, is what i say. that way you have enough for the day. once they day is done, and baby has had the last bottle before bed, then you can wash and sterilize them, and have a couple made up for the night feeding(s). your bottles will be all ready for you in the morning too. Pre making bottles is ok, as long as your not making tons and letting them sit in the fridge to long. You get yourself into a routine and there isnt really such thing, as having too many bottles, at least you will always have extra on hand that are ready for use

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?