Braxton Hicks -pg112480609118

8 Replies
Amy - August 23

I think I am about 12 weeks pregnant and last night I was laying in bed and all of a sudden I had these cramping contractions. They started in my stomach and moved to my back and down my legs. They only lasted about 30 minutes and with each one I would feel CM discharge. I did not bleed or anything, but it felt weird and painful. My question is how early can you expiereince Braxton Hicks? This is my 4th pregnancy.

tiffani~70 days to go!! - August 23

I always thought BH happened near the end of your 2nd and throughout your 3rd trimester. I could be totally wrong though. It the pain has subsided, I wouldn't worry, but if it continues, give your doctor a buzz and describe what you've been feeling. :o)

kris A. - August 23

I think it is too early for BH - this is also my 4th... could it have been constipation? If cramping continues w/o bleeding I think you are ok, and bleeding w/o cramping can be ok - I had bleeding w/o cramping caused by subchorionic hemorrage, but baby is fine (I am 27 weeks now). Just be aware and if something just feels wrong, go in and get it checked out. Best of luck, :)

Amy - August 23

Ok thanks guys! The only thing that really concerned me is that with each one I could feel discharge come out. How do you know if it is fluid or just discharge?

Amy - August 23

Oh, could it have been my uterus just situating, can that cause mild contractions early in pg?

tiffani~70 days to go!! - August 23

Not really sure Amy. Could be your uterus expanding, thus forcing out the discharge that was eventually going to come out on it's own. As long as it's not severe pain or accompanied by blood, I would think it's just nature taking it's course. You'e probably more aware of what's happening with your body since this is your 4th pregnancy. Have the "contractions" stopped? :o)

kris A. - August 23

Amy, normal discharge is clear or whitish, any fluid with pink or brown or red has blood and should be checked by doc... you can get stretching type pains around 12 weeks, but they feel different than cramping. Best thing to do is drink lots of water, rest as much as possible, and see a doc if cramping continues.... good luck, :)

Gina - August 23

I felt them right away. This is 5th pregnancy. For me, these are normal. The doc is worried cuz they last for 10 minutes after s_x. You should tell your doc. They checked me yesterday to make sure I was not dialating.

Amy - August 23

I could feel the baby moving when it was happening...I guess it could have been my uterus expanding. They only lasted about 30 minutes, have not felt them anymore.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?