Breaking Water-pg115120310818

6 Replies
sjjustice1 - June 24

Is there a safe way to break your own water, if your full term?

Rhonda - June 24

You dont always go into labor when your water breaks,The anomic sac is what keeps infections away from your baby.labor contractions may not even start for several days,even if you did break your water.Just becareful.They say s_x and bumpy car rides can jump start labor.But it's best to let it happen on it's own.

snugglybugglys - June 25

I totally agree with Rhonda...here is my story....I was full term, was ready to hold my baby couldn't wait! Sooo....I read on the internet that (this is gross, but I didn't do it myself lol) nipple stimulation helps to bring on labor, and that s_x, helps with breaking your water. If you let the c_m stay inside for a while it will happen. Well with the "stimulation" I could feel contractions starting. ( I was having some earlier that night, so I don't really know if it was a coincidence or not). Anyway, 5:30 the next morning my water broke. I was in labor for 18 plus hours in hospital, not counting the contractions the night before. I ended up having a c-section. Partially my fault I feel for trying to make labor start. Other half is that the stupid nurse had me on an old bag of pitocin the whole time! Anyway, my point is...I will never know if I was truly ready for labor, or if the things I did helped things along. And I always feel guilty that I will never give birth. Anyway, like I said I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but if I could go back, I wouldn't have even had s_x that night. Good luck! :) Sorry it was so long!

Deb - June 25

I don't think it is a good idea to try to break your labor. I know you are anxious to get things going, but your baby will come out when it is ready. When you start messing around with your body, you invite infection and problems into your life. Just be patient, and if you go too long your doctor will get things going for you. Good luck!

Patti - June 25

I've never heard of breaking your own water. I think it could be dangerous. You definitely could cause an infection. Also, my water broke and I went to the hospital and nothing. No contractions. Just sitting there at 2cm dilated just like before water broke. Because I was 12 days from due date they went ahead and induced me. I do know waiting is sooo hard. I would walk, stimulate nipples and get nothing. Try to hang in there, even though it's tough to do.

kimholl28 - June 25

Nipple stimulation is a good idea. It really can work if your body is ready. Midwife's will have women use b___st pumps as well. Castrol Oil can be effective, but I don't reccomend it because of the horrible diarhea that comes with it. Semen is suppose to have an effect also. Apparently none of these things will not work if your body isn't ready. I think it would be insane to try and break your own water though! Also nipple stimulation can produce very strong and rapid contractions, so be careful.

kristie h - June 26

I would say wait and be patiant cause once the baby is out you cant put it back in!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?