Breastfeeding-pg112376718118

6 Replies
Help - August 11

I am 5months pregnant and I am going to br___tfeed once my little one comes. I was told that if I was going to br___tfeed, I should only wash my br___ts with water and to not use soap or lotions or anything like that. Is this true??

HDF - August 11

I just read in a b___stfeeding book that when you're closer to giving birth to stop using soap. I'm 25 weeks and I stopped using soap a couple days ago. I didn't say anything about lotions besides the fact you don't want to dry the skin out.

Maleficent - August 11

during pregnancy, no. wash away. when baby comes...it all depends. washing with soap tended to dry my nipples out and irritate them, so i quit using it. you might not have the same problem, everyone is different. a good nipple cream is better than lotions and safer for baby.

firsttimemomma - August 11

I was just wondering because I use coco b___ter oil on my b___sts all the time to prevent stretch marks from appearing

s - August 11

ummmm.....I don't care what any book says....I'm not going to stop using soap!!! lol......HDF your only 25 weeks i think you can use soap a little while longer....lol.

k - August 11

onlydo that once you have the baby

HDF - August 11

I'm just telling you what's in the Breastfeeding Manual I've been reading. It says during the last 2-3 months of pregnancy as well as while you're b___stfeeding you do not need to soap your nipples. Sorry if that was interpreted as not using soap at all.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?