Breech Baby-pg112122945318

11 Replies
eil - July 13

i'm in my 36th week and i found out today my baby is a breech baby. she was breech at 32 weeks and then she moved, now she's breech again. my dr. told me i would get an ultrasound in the next day or so and then if she doesn't move by next week he will try to move her. i'm worried about her. the success rate of the procedure which is called ecv is about 50 % and if she does move into the launch position, there is still a chance she might go breech again. if she remains breech, i'll have to have a c-section. that's fine with me, like i said i'm worried about her. i've been reading some doc_mentation on breech babies, but in the back of my mind, i'm still fearful. has this happened to anyone or does anyone know anything more about it? please let me know. thanks

P - July 13

My daughter was transverse breech (sideways - lounging by the pool) and I had her by c-section. Personally, I wouldn't let them try to turn her. I've heard it is very painful and often unsuccessful. I look at it like this; if she wanted to come out the regular way she would. I would also worry about the cord wrapping around her. I don't know if this is a valid concern but it is one I would have nevertheless. My friend went through all of that only to have the c-section in the end. It turned out the cord was wrapped around her so that if she would have had a v____al birth the baby would have strangled. I don't know how often something like that happens but there is no way I'd take the chance. I had a c-section and recovered faster then a lot of women I know who had v____al births.

chelsey - July 13

yep, me too! i'm just over 34 weeks, but mine only moves side to side. has yet to try to flip himself around! they'll try to do an ecv on me too in a couple of weeks. but, i heard the success rate was 80%. c-section worries me a bit, because i dont want to stay in the hospital any longer than have to, but then again I've had a v____al delivery once before, and the recovery from that almost killed me! is you baby bum or feet down? mines bum....

eil - July 13

my babie's feet are down and it's killing my bladder as well!!!! like i said i don't mind a c-section. i'm just worried about the cord around her neck. i'm praying i can get an ultrasound tomorrow and see how everything is going. i also have read the ecv can be painful. it's a waiting game right now. i'm just praying she goes back to a vertex position.

eil - July 13

will i guess all my baby's flipping around last night paid off. she is now back in launch position. we had an ultrasound today and she is 6.9 lbs and healthy. thank god

Katharine - July 13

Congrats!

Wanda from NM - July 14

Both of my babies were breech, and I was lucky to have a doctor who does versions, one of only 2 in town. With my first, the version was painful, but successful, and I delivered natural a few weeks later. With the second, we tried to turn her, but she was bigger, and the pain was too much, and so I had a ceaserean scheduled. My water broke before my c-section, and we were happy to find that the baby had turned on her own, and I delivered naturally. I didn't even notice that she turned on her own, which is amazing to think because she was 8.5 pounds! This time around, my doctor said we will keep a close eye early on to try to avoid a version, but if I need one, I will do it again. Sure it hurts, but labor hurts, and I would rather suffer through the minutes of pain of a version if I can avoid the weeks of pain of a c-section. I am glad to hear your baby turned, good luck to both of you.

Katharine - July 14

I have to agree on the version. I had one. It wasn't very painful and was successful. Very happy outcome!

Julie - July 14

How do you know if your baby is breech?

Katharine - July 14

Julie-Generally, the doctor tells you.

Julie - July 14

How does the doctor know unless she performs and ultrasound. I don't remember having one later on with my first son. I am just wondering if there is a way she feels your stomach to tell???? Sorry don't mean to sound like a dummy I just don't remember?

Katharine - July 14

With my first pregnancy, the doctor felt externally, then I had an ultrasound to verify. This time, the doctor and NP both were able to tell the head was in my pelvis and where the b___t was. I suppose they get a certain amount of verification when they try to get a heartbeat where it "should" be and it is there?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?